Alternative Distribution of Sheet Music

Talk with the staff. Website comments, suggestions, generous donations.

Moderators: Michele, Eric

scyzer
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby scyzer » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:28 am

Well if there isn't any way of receiving it electronically by say mid-November I'll order it... perhaps adding some note somewhere saying ship to Australia...

josiah
Howdy, Stranger!

Re: Alternative Distribution of Sheet Music

Postby josiah » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:31 am

Hi! Shamelessly resurrecting this thread from the dead after seven years: I was able to find Lullabye for a Stormy Night on musicnotes, but everything else seems to be paper-only. I much prefer PDFs over hauling paper around; is there hope for me?

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:32 am

josiah wrote:Hi! Shamelessly resurrecting this thread from the dead after seven years: I was able to find Lullabye for a Stormy Night on musicnotes, but everything else seems to be paper-only. I much prefer PDFs over hauling paper around; is there hope for me?

I asked VT about this for you. Current status of all things sheet music:
Inland Territory: Almost done, but not in time for the holidays this year.
Aims: There won't be sheet music for this album, but a choral arrangement of "The Hymn of Acxiom" will be released due to demand, plus Eric Whitacre offered to help out with it. Instead of sheet music (and there isn't much piano on the album anyway), the stems will be released for remixing.
Digital distribution: on the to-do list, but of course that list is very long. Probably could at least be more of a thing once Inland Territory is done, so they could all be dealt with at the same time.

josiah
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby josiah » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:50 pm

Thanks for the update Michele! Glad to hear that digital distribution is on the list, even if it's still a long way out. Stems are pretty exciting also!

Return to “VT.com Machine Room”