New Album

Talk with the staff. Website comments, suggestions, generous donations.

Moderators: Michele, Eric

DT

Postby DT » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:59 am

I've noticed that the new album has made the top list of "New & Future Releases" on Amazon.com for Feb. 24th & Beyond. Rembering the problems I had locating "Waking Hour" in retail stores, does anyone know if there are any plans to widely distribute "Warm Strangers" to major retail outlets on Feb. 24th?

Also, is there any chance of Vienna posting a sample or two from the new release on the website anytime soon?

Eric
Getting Stranger

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:39 pm

I personally can't answer your questions about distribution and samples, but all should become clear by the time the album's released. (Sorry — I know that's an obvious non-answer! :( )
- Eric Miller: occasional forum admin, occasional webmaster -

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:12 am

Are any of the songs on Warm Strangers available already for radio? In other words, can we request them already?

wolding
Warm Stranger

Postby wolding » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:56 pm

Hello DT and everyone!
If you would like to follow this link: <a href='http://www.virtrecords.com/viennateng/listen_buy2.html' target='_blank'>http://www.virtrecords.com/viennateng/listen_buy2.html</a> you'll find samples of four songs on Virt's website.
I was there a couple days ago and there were only two selections, so exciting things are happening!
Bill

Anandi

Postby Anandi » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:44 am

Is there any way to download the "extra" tracks available on Amazon.com? It looks like I have to be online to listen to them and I'd love to burn them to a CD. If I can't get them from Amazon, is there somewhere else I can? They're so good!

wolding
Warm Stranger

Postby wolding » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:55 pm

I stuck a tape recorder on the output of my sound card. Using microphones introduces too much room noise.
Bill

shawn
Hot Stranger

Postby shawn » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:10 pm

In response to the post above asking if Warm Strangers is available for radio - I heard "Harbor" on the WBOS Sunday morning show here in Boston yesterday (2/8), so I presume the answer is now "yes".

(Big tip of the virtual hat to George Knight, the host of said show - he's a big Vienna fan, and the one responsible for introducing me to her music.)

CrazyOne
Warm Stranger

Postby CrazyOne » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:14 am

Pretty wild, these rankings from Amazon. Who is buying this at such "bestselling" levels, and how do they know about it? :-) Can only mean good things for Vienna, I'm sure.

I can't decide whether to order from Amazon or hope it turns up in Borders on the 24th. I'd get it sooner if it's in Borders, I guess, but they may not get many, and now it seems I might have to worry about others waiting for it too! ;-) Then again, when I needed Waking Hour right away after hearing bits of it for the first time, they had one copy there waiting for me. Or maybe I can get them to hold a copy, yeah, that might work. Have to check into it.
"We in the back are all agreed that your theory is crazy. But what divides us is whether your theory is crazy enough!" --Niels Bohr

Norm
Warm Stranger

Postby Norm » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:43 pm

CrazyOne wrote: Pretty wild, these rankings from Amazon. Who is buying this at such "bestselling" levels, and how do they know about it? :-) Can only mean good things for Vienna, I'm sure.

I can't decide whether to order from Amazon or hope it turns up in Borders on the 24th. I'd get it sooner if it's in Borders, I guess, but they may not get many, and now it seems I might have to worry about others waiting for it too! ;-) Then again, when I needed Waking Hour right away after hearing bits of it for the first time, they had one copy there waiting for me. Or maybe I can get them to hold a copy, yeah, that might work. Have to check into it.

Oh I'm sure they'll be plenty of copies of Warm Strangers to go around :)

I pre-ordered my copy of WH at one of Vienna's shows at the Blue Rock Shoot in Saratoga, CA. Just filled out a form and got a copy autographed by her.

Those were the days at the Blue Rock Shoot that might be forever gone - getting a coffee, and sitting in a room with only 8 or 10 others and watching Vienna sing for free. I even saw her carrying chairs up from the basement for her show.

Maybe I'll try to show up at the Palo Alto Borders on release date and try to get her to sign a copy. I'm sure it'll be a mob scene.

Norm

Return to “VT.com Machine Room”