Sheet Music/Piano Book

Talk with the staff. Website comments, suggestions, generous donations.

Moderators: Michele, Eric

jennyyang80
Howdy, Stranger!

Sheet Music/Piano Book

Postby jennyyang80 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:23 pm

hey guys, I've noticed that a lot of people have been requesting sheet music and stuff. I know that personally I'd be totally willing to dish out $20-30 per book if Vienna was to release complete piano books for her two albums. Any chance of this happening anytime soon? :D

dbeattie
Hot Stranger

Postby dbeattie » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:33 pm

Good question.

I'm the sheet music transcriber who did the three songs that are already published (have you seen these, from the merchandise section? if so, what did you think of them?). I can't speak for Vienna, but my guess is that if there were enough interest, she would consider publishing a whole book. As for my part, transcribing the sheet music, I have been busy with other things for about the last year. But I do have several more songs transcribed than have been published, and I plan to get back to it very soon now that I am more settled in my new day job, and I think that finishing the transcriptions for a book to match her Waking Hour album is doable this year. Warm Strangers could possibly be done next year.

Is there anybody else out there who would be interested in purchasing a sheet music book for one of the albums, if one were created?

Opus
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Opus » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:17 pm

I'd buy it in a heartbeat! :D

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:04 am

In a New York Minute!

(Even though it will be months before I'll be able to play the simplest songs. And years before I could ever tackle something as advanced as "Decade.")

No matter, though. Any chance I can get in a pre-order? :)

jennyyang80
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby jennyyang80 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:01 am

Yeah, I've definitely seen the ones in the merchandise section...in fact, let's just say that I've spent many long hours poring over the sample first pages with longing :P And I've been sorely tempted to buy them multiple times, but the thing is I'm a college student so I'm kinda on a tight budget, which is the only reason I haven't bought them yet. The first pages look and sound great though :D That's why I asked about the book too, I wanted to see if there was a possibility of a complete book coming out, 'cos then I'd definitely buy that in a heartbeat. I just didn't wanna be in a situation where I'd feel guilty about already having 3 of the songs and then ordering the book as well :P

darthscsi
Warm Stranger

Postby darthscsi » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:27 am

Yes, absolutely. I would prefer Waking Hour, as the two next songs I want are Eric's song And Momentum. But I wouldn't complain about anything you get done :)

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:24 pm

short answer: YES!
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Lirulin
Cool Stranger

Postby Lirulin » Tue May 02, 2006 4:02 am

Oh definitely! Please! I lovelovelove Eric's Song and Momentum....

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Wed May 10, 2006 8:06 am

D00d. I've been wondering if a piano book would ever come out for her. If it came out, I'd buy it in a millisecond.

Hi. I'm Reileen. I've played piano for nine years going on ten, but it's only now that I've started creating my original stuff, partly inspired by Vienna's work.

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Wed May 10, 2006 8:35 pm

Hi, Reileen--
Welcome to the forums. So who else inspires you to create music besides Vienna? ~Ginny
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Thu May 11, 2006 4:16 am

Ginny wrote:Hi, Reileen--
Welcome to the forums. So who else inspires you to create music besides Vienna? ~Ginny

Besides Vienna, I also adore Vanessa Carlton and Evanescence. Those three musicians (well, two musicians and one band) essentially make up my holy musical trinity at the moment. lololol But I listen to a lot of different things - I really like Simon and Garfunkel, and there are individual J-pop/J-rock/anime songs that also make me go "zomg I wanna make music like thaaaaaat." Yeah. I like a lot of stuff. ^_^

JohnEZ
Warm Stranger

Postby JohnEZ » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:39 am

I'm a little late--but I'd purchase a songbook in a heartbeat if one came out.:)

MonsieurRosseau
Cool Stranger

Postby MonsieurRosseau » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:25 pm

I would!

I already bought everything there is already.

Return to “VT.com Machine Room”