Funny Churches

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:45 pm

Ha! I reach the significant milestone of my 100th post on here.... and it's making conversation about gas stations. How odd!
Chris

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:38 pm

LOL! I was thinking last night that it was odd to have a Greensboro gas stations conversation going on an artist's website. Weird North Carolina people.... ;) Glad you've stuck around for 100+ posts, Chris. :) ~Ginny
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Mudak
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Mudak » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:58 am

There's a plethora of churches near where I live. Not that I have anything inherently against their messages, but I like to try and find ways of poking fun at what they're saying (and yes, I know I'm going to hell for it.)

One sign reads "Does the road you're on lead to my house? Signed God" Cionsidering the road, and the direction you're heading when you would read it, that road will lead to a small, stinky town in suburban Philadelphia called Trevose. It's probably further away from god's house than any place you can imagine.

Another one reads, simply, "We need to talk - God." Well I talk minus god all the time. :)

Then there was the gas station near where I live that had a sign that read "Repair at a price that's fair" which became "Repair at a price tits far."
"But in such ugly times, the true protest is beauty." -- Phil Ochs

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:14 pm

ben wrote:I remember having to read somethings about humors with signs or signboards. This one has a restaurant that hang a sign that says "Open On Sundays". The church next door answered with "We're Open On Sundays Too".

I found out a sign on a car parked somewhere in North Carolina with the sign :"God is my co-pilot" ....
Here is the original picture :

Well, I was wondering at that time - and am still wondering - if there are a lot of Americans showing their beliefs on their car like that....
Disclaimer : Don't get it wrong as some people could be touchy, but the picture below is just for fun, OK ? I changed one letter and let you interpret the meaning of this GIMPed image ;) :

About churches, I hope you will enjoy another quotation of "Life in Jokes" by Mariusz Misztal, Wydawnictwa Szkolne i Pedagogiczne,Warszawa, 1990, p.204 ;) :
[Joke 957]
"[...]
A visiting priest came to a small country town and asked a young boy to direct him to the church where he was preaching that evening. After the boy had given him the directions, the priest said to him :
"You must come along and bring all your friends with you."
"What for ?"
"Because I'll tell you how to get to heaven."
"You must be joking. You didn't even know how to get to the church."
[...]"
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Return to “The Cafe”