14 hour days?

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Norm
Warm Stranger

Postby Norm » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:11 am

In her Thoughts diary, Vienna says, "Once the 14-hour days kicked in, it was all I could do to fall into bed every night."

That sounds like Cisco!! :lol:

Alethia Su
Cool Stranger

Postby Alethia Su » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:35 pm

In her Thoughts diary, Vienna says, "Once the 14-hour days kicked in, it was all I could do to fall into bed every night."

>.< 14-hour work day... Power to Vienna for such dedication. It's all I can do to manage a 14-hour regular day, with a few minutes of work here and there... ;)
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.<br>-Douglas Adams

andrys
Cool Stranger

Postby andrys » Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:49 am

Norm wrote: In her Thoughts diary, Vienna says, "Once the 14-hour days kicked in, it was all I could do to fall into bed every night."

That sounds like Cisco!! :lol:

14 hours a day doing what you really love to do vs 14 hours a day doing what others really love you to do...

:-)
<a href='http://andrys.com' target='_blank'>Andrys</a>

Norm
Warm Stranger

Postby Norm » Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:47 am

andrys wrote: 14 hours a day doing what you really love to do vs 14 hours a day doing what others really love you to do...

Well, we all win in this case. She loves doing it and we love her doing it... :D

andrys
Cool Stranger

Postby andrys » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:42 pm

Norm wrote:
andrys wrote: 14 hours a day doing what you really love to do vs 14 hours a day doing what others really love you to do...

Well, we all win in this case. She loves doing it and we love her doing it... :D

Well, I'm glad things are going very well. (I ask how could they not, but the business is not a logical one.)

I was not here for about a month or more and wondered when I realized I had not heard anything, so I checked the other night and was glad to see Vienna will be in Ann Arbor, as a friend of mine (a professor at Mich U) really loves her music and he finally will be able to hear her live.

Say, have you seen Whale Rider? I saw this Monday, and it is a BEAUTIFUL movie about a Maori community and a young girl who feels destined to lead it while her grandfather more than disagrees. There is a certain spiritual mysticism in this story having to do with the whales, and it's one of the most engaging films I've seen.

. At the various newspaper-review collection sites, about 95% of the ratings are A's or A+ The 12-year old who is the main character in it and gives what almost everyone thinks is the most impressive acting performance ever given by a young person looks as if she could be Vienna's younger sister.
See <a href='http://www.premiere.com/article.asp?section_id=6&article_id=1076' target='_blank'>http://www.premiere.com/article.asp?sectio...article_id=1076</a>

Fascinating story, beautifully told. I sure highly recommend it.

Sorry to be off topic!
<a href='http://andrys.com' target='_blank'>Andrys</a>

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:58 pm

andrys wrote:Say, have you seen Whale Rider? I saw this Monday, and it is a BEAUTIFUL movie about a Maori community and a young girl who feels destined to lead it while her grandfather more than disagrees. There is a certain spiritual mysticism in this story having to do with the whales, and it's one of the most engaging films I've seen.

. At the various newspaper-review collection sites, about 95% of the ratings are A's or A+ The 12-year old who is the main character in it and gives what almost everyone thinks is the most impressive acting performance ever given by a young person looks as if she could be Vienna's younger sister.
See <a>http://www.premiere.com/article.asp?sectio...article_id=1076</a>

Fascinating story, beautifully told. I sure highly recommend it.

Sorry to be off topic!

Whale Rider is a kind of film that makes you want to buy like ten copies and give them as gifts. I was attracted by the image of the movie and also it was a kind of tale link to indigenous people and the exotic New-Zealand ...
I found out in the DVD that Lisa Gerrardwas behind the movie music soundtrack work. As an artist having worked with big size movie project, she accepted to work for this kind of independent movie projects, as a way to go back to the basics, like to the hand-made-craftsmanship kind of way, as when she began her career.
It's interesting to see how the little but so talented actress Keisha Castle-Hughes was auditioned in youtube : I was like speechless ...
Pai's speech in the movie reminds me of some Native American Indigenous Prophecy.
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Return to “The Cafe”