new schedule going up

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Eric
Getting Stranger

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:27 pm

Hey guys. Just a heads up -- we'll be posting Vienna's fall tour schedule over the next day or so. She'll be all over the map, as it were.

B)
E
- Eric Miller: occasional forum admin, occasional webmaster -

Norm
Warm Stranger

Postby Norm » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:22 pm

Eric wrote:Hey guys. Just a heads up -- we'll be posting Vienna's fall tour schedule over the next day or so. She'll be all over the map, as it were.

B)
E

Whew! Best to do all this travelling while you're young!

Those pre-Waking-Hour-2 days when Vienna carried the chairs up from the basement at the Blue Rock Shoot for her show are fading into the past.....

Norm

Derek
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Derek » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:10 pm

Yes indeed, Vienna is moving up in the world. B)

Just a word of advice for her fans: do see her as much as you can in the next several months, because once she makes it "big," she won't be playing in small intimate venues very often. (i speak from experience having seen folkies like Dar Williams go from playing in a coffeehouse with 10-20 people to selling out venues of over 2000 in just a matter of a few years).

ah, the double-edged sword for her first fans: seeing her grow in fame and recognition, and losing the close experience of the early days. :unsure:

Derek

CrazyOne
Warm Stranger

Postby CrazyOne » Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:49 pm

Hm, who would I notify about a spelling mistake from a tour venue? Local show here in Pittsburgh is listed by both the venue and Ticketmaster as "Vienna Tang". Oops! There are worse things that could happen, I suppose, but someone searching may miss it because of the spelling error. I would email someone directly, but I'm not sure who to email. (And the venue itself is going to say right, who the heck are you, so that's not much point.)
"We in the back are all agreed that your theory is crazy. But what divides us is whether your theory is crazy enough!" --Niels Bohr

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:53 pm

Didn't you know? She changed her name to make it more marketable. She'll actually be traveling with a backup band... "Vienna Tang and the Kool-Aids".

Return to “The Cafe”