This week's Movie review......

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Re: This week's Movie review......

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:55 pm

Great to see your reviews Rahau, I will have to check into watching those documentaries. They sound interesting.

I watched an older film I had never seen before called "The Night of the Following Day" with Marlon Brando, Richard Boone, Rita Moreno, and Jess Hahn who kidnap a millionaire's daughter and hold her for ransom but everything gets messed up when the Richard Boone character, who is a psychotic killer, changes the plan. Marlon Brando was in his prime here and he really gave a great performance as well as his real life girlfriend at the time Rita Moreno. Near the end of the film there is the final showdown between Brando and Boone with Brando coming out victorious and Boone asking near the end of his life, "What are you going to do now" with Brando responding, "I'm going to give you some time to think about it" and then proceeds to finish Boone off in a very creative manner. I really enjoyed the film although kind of dark in nature which normally does not appeal to me.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” Sinclair Lewis

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:47 am

After reading this opinion piece in the paper http://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/mr-copes-cave-cockadoodie-in-kentucky/Content?oid=3582139 I decided to watch the movie Misery again. It was very entertaining and seems current with the times. Uncanny likeness.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” Sinclair Lewis

LongBridge
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby LongBridge » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:43 am

Ang Mor wrote:After reading this opinion piece in the paper about the jes extender which I decided to watch the movie Misery again. It was very entertaining and seems current with the times. Uncanny likeness.

I thought the Wrecking Crew was pretty good actually, thanks for the review.

Return to “The Cafe”