This week's Movie review......

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Re: This week's Movie review......

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:55 pm

Great to see your reviews Rahau, I will have to check into watching those documentaries. They sound interesting.

I watched an older film I had never seen before called "The Night of the Following Day" with Marlon Brando, Richard Boone, Rita Moreno, and Jess Hahn who kidnap a millionaire's daughter and hold her for ransom but everything gets messed up when the Richard Boone character, who is a psychotic killer, changes the plan. Marlon Brando was in his prime here and he really gave a great performance as well as his real life girlfriend at the time Rita Moreno. Near the end of the film there is the final showdown between Brando and Boone with Brando coming out victorious and Boone asking near the end of his life, "What are you going to do now" with Brando responding, "I'm going to give you some time to think about it" and then proceeds to finish Boone off in a very creative manner. I really enjoyed the film although kind of dark in nature which normally does not appeal to me.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:47 am

After reading this opinion piece in the paper http://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/mr-copes-cave-cockadoodie-in-kentucky/Content?oid=3582139 I decided to watch the movie Misery again. It was very entertaining and seems current with the times. Uncanny likeness.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

LongBridge
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby LongBridge » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:43 am

Ang Mor wrote:After reading this opinion piece in the paper about the jes extender which I decided to watch the movie Misery again. It was very entertaining and seems current with the times. Uncanny likeness.

I thought the Wrecking Crew was pretty good actually, thanks for the review.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:42 am

I was all excited to see the new Star Wars movie and my brother and his wife bought tickets so we could see the show on Christmas Day. We stood in line with the rest of the city and finally got seated in the theatre. I was blessed by not having anyone in front of me with a giant hair-do to circumnavigate in front of me. I proceeded to watch the film. It became a task because the new characters seem like cardboard cut outs. The film to me was just a lot of noise and special effects and it was like a Duracell battery. It kept going and going and going. It is popular but I think it was one of the worst in the franchise. Felt like I was in there for 3 hours. I was sure tired.

Return to “The Cafe”