vienna halfway around the world

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

emma
Cool Stranger

Postby emma » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:53 am

since friendster is such a hit here in the philippines (i don't know why), i made a friendster org for vienna teng fans. the testimonials here are awesome--they really show how vienna's music touches so many people, even in a land as far away as ours. if you guys are interested, go check them out:
<a href='http://www.friendster.com/user.php?uid=7459845' target='_blank'>http://www.friendster.com/user.php?uid=7459845</a>
almost all of them are written in english. and if anyone wants to add it, the e-mail address is viennatengfans@yahoo.com. thanks! :D

by the way, is there the slightest bit of chance of vienna coming to perform here?

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:52 pm

Emma,
Good idea! I'll look forward to checking it out tonight when I get home. :) I don't know anything about Vienna performing in the Philippines but I will keep my fingers crossed for y'all. I know you and Ben would give her a very warm welcome, along with the other people you mentioned on the friendster thing!
~G
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

kermit99
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby kermit99 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:41 pm

ei emma!

i am also from the philippines and i also happen to love vienna teng! :rolleyes:

actually a very dear friend has been raving about vienna for a long time before i got intrigued and went to find out myself what's the fuzz and what did i find out?

that she really is a gifted singer/songwriter, vienna teng that is.

i am new in this forum and i really enjoyed reading the posts here that i was compelled to sign in. B)

i also really, really hope that vienna get to perform here!

emma
Cool Stranger

Postby emma » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:51 pm

wow.. glad to hear from you kermit. :) it's nice that a lot of filipinos are discovering VT's music. i think there are at least 5 of us in the forum too. and i honestly don't know anyone who has heard her songs and end up not liking them. :)

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:51 pm

Hi Kermit!
It's nice to see another new member, so welcome. :) It's starting to sound like Vienna's got a nice-sized fan base started over there. Hopefully she will make it out your way in the near future. ~Ginny
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

ben
Getting Stranger

Postby ben » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:17 am

Hello guys. Looks like the Filipinos are coming to town... err, start to tell their stories. :D

I sure hope VT can come and give us a concert or 2. It's nice to see the Filipino fans starts to crop up, now if only those radio stations play VT song more often.
Always look on the bright side of life.

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:08 pm

Ben,
Have you heard Vienna on the radio there? If not, perhaps y'all could bombard your radio stations with requests! :) ~Ginny

ben
Getting Stranger

Postby ben » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:45 am

Ginny,

I've heard some people mentioned hearing one of VT's songs (can't remember which one) on the radio but it's somewhat rare. In my case, I seldom listen to the radio, and if I did, it's usually the 80's new wave or some local news/talk shows. I think I'll try to do some request. Funny thing is, VT's album was one of the best sellers of the local Tower record.
Always look on the bright side of life.

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:20 am

Hi, Ben!
Hmmmm, I wonder which VT song they're playing? That's really cool that her album was one of the best sellers at the local Tower store. Wow! ~Ginny

Return to “The Cafe”