Hey The_Man_in_Blue

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:25 am

I know you are leaving tomorrow to start your next round of Vienna Teng concerts. I am sure alot of people from here will enjoy meeting you--especially me! So which shows are you going to? Please be very careful on the road. I know with the Modern Troubadours thing you weren't sleeping very much....have a great time though. We'll be looking forward to hearing your travel tales! ~Ginny
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Jack
Warm Stranger

Postby Jack » Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:22 am

Paul~
See ya when you get here to Houston. Stay safe, get some sleep and have FUN. B)
I told her I ain't so sure about this place<br>it's hard to play a gig in this town and keep a straight face---Shawn Mullins

The_Man_in_Blue
Getting Stranger

Postby The_Man_in_Blue » Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:39 am

My procrastination tendencies have been working overtime. I love trips, but hate packing and taking care of all the little necessary chores. As usual I still have left a lot of things to the last minute. Struggling to get everything done for departure when I get up tomorrow afternoon or evening. I’ll leave whenever I finish packing and get 8-10 hours sleep. Unless there is another last minute concert added, I will drive from Louisville to Albuquerque with one motel stay along the way whenever I get sleepy. I will go to the AMP house concert, then to Scot’s house concert. Next stop is the Mucky Duck in Houston, where I expect to meet Jack. Then I will head to Austin for the Waterloo Records in store performance and The Cactus Café. The next night is The All Good Café in Dallas. I look forward to meeting many of Vienna’s fans during the trip. If any who read the Forum make it to any of these shows, come say hello. I have a gray beard and what’s left of my hair is mostly gray, and I always wear a blue shirt and blue jeans. If that description doesn’t eliminate the rest of the concertgoers, I am 6 foot tall, 235 pounds and wear silver frame glasses. If the venue permits cameras I will have a small digital camera and probably be somewhere close to the stage.
Paul

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:25 pm

I am a bad procrastinator, too. I'm especially bad when it comes to school work, packing, and doctor appointments. I like the name "All Good Cafe." That just sounds like a happy place to be. lol I know you'll have a great time on your trip. I hope you get to meet some others from here as well as Scot, Jack, Steve J and me. :) I'd love to see pix of you with our forumers if the people in question don't mind you taking and showing photos. I'll let you know if any last minute concerts are added! See ya soon and be careful. I know I already said that but I'm a bit obsessive about my friends being safe. I don't know why, but my friends are funny b/c whenever they are on the road they call me to let me know they got there okay. They usually start the message with "Hello Mother, I mean Ginny..." They're all a bunch of smart mouths but I like them just the same. ;) LOL ~Ginny
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:39 am

The_Man_in_Blue wrote: Then I will head to Austin for the Waterloo Records in store performance and The Cactus Café.

2 shows in Austin? Ooooooooooohhh! I was just trying to see if I could swing a side trip to Austin after the show here, but
I'm working nights from Monday (after the show here) to Thursday. Hmm, maybe I can swap a few shifts...

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:46 am

Scot, how far from Austin do you live? I've got 3 very good friends (all from the city I currently live in) who are living in Austin. I'm hoping to get out that way in the next year to visit Brooke, Mike and Josh. I don't know much about Austin but have always heard great things about it! I'm going to tell those 3 to go hear Vienna, but they are kind of trumpet-obsessed and probably won't go. Their loss of course! ~G

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:15 pm

Ginny wrote: Scot, how far from Austin do you live?

Ginny,

I'm about 10 hours away, so it's a good drive, but I spend about 8 years there and have some
friends and colleagues there still, so go back occasionally. It's a great town. Music, food, outdoor
stuff - traffic congestion is getting worse and prices are climbing, but it's a great place to pass a
fun few days!

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Jack
Warm Stranger

Postby Jack » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:27 am

Ginny~
Austin really rocked once upon a time! It has gotten terribly expensive, horrible traffic and becomes more conservative on a daily basis :( . It is trying hard, but falling short of being Texas' answer to Santa Fe. Austin still has a major music scene that is it's paramount reason for existence ;) !

Scott~
Do you do any research at the VLA and have you done any lens time at McDonald? Man how I envy your profession :) .

Paul (The Man In Blue)~
Okay, open up the laptop and tell us where you are! Stay safe, see ya Tuesday :D .
I told her I ain't so sure about this place<br>it's hard to play a gig in this town and keep a straight face---Shawn Mullins

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:56 am

Jack wrote:

Scot
Do you do any research at the VLA and have you done any lens time at McDonald? Man how I envy your profession :) .

Nope- I've only done optical stuff so far and the VLA is radio-waves, but yes, I spent a TON of time at McDonald - probably several
hundred nights!

Paul (The Man In Blue)~
Okay, open up the laptop and tell us where you are! Stay safe, see ya Tuesday :D .

Uh, he'll also be wearing blue, right? :>

scot

The_Man_in_Blue
Getting Stranger

Postby The_Man_in_Blue » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:38 pm

I have arrived in Albuquerque. I didn''t get sleepy on the way here so I drove straight thru in about 22 hours. I was a day early for my motel reservation and with the Balloon Festival filling up hotels I couldnt get into the motel I booked early so I spent a few hours and ended up at the Super 8 near the exit 155 on I-40/Coors Rd. I am renting the motels Internet computer by the minute, so this will be short. Any typos are either sleep deprivation or this keybord which isn't arranged like my home PC.
If there are any Warm Strangers in Albuquerque and you want to get together for dinner or something, If you know my cell phone call me after 5pm Friday ( I need some sleep). If you don't know my cell # PM Ginny and have her give you my cell number. Scot, I will see you Sunday if not before. Why not make a road trip and get Austin and Dallas (Manager at All Good said the place holds about 100 people, so it should be almost like a home concert).
Paul

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:04 pm

Hi Paul!
I don't know how you drove 22hrs straight without getting sleepy, but I'm glad you are there safely. :) I will be happy to give your cell phone number to any Warm Strangers in the Albuquerque area who want to get together. Have a good time there and we'll look forward to hearing from you and Scot in the next few days! ~Ginny

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:41 pm

Hey Paul,

Welcome to NM! I wish I could join you up in ABQ -especially for the show, but I'm just gonna be too busy setting up here. And believe me, I'm thinking about
joining you for parts of the Texas tour.... (if I could just do something about my work shifts...).

scot

Jack
Warm Stranger

Postby Jack » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:13 pm

Scot~
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you facilitate a drive to Houston for the Tuesday show. I know that Houston is on the far side of the map, but with a strong tailwind and good karma... ;) . I'll email you my cell number.

Paul~
Glad to hear that you're safe...have FUN, post photos :P . We'll be in or around the Duck at about 5:p and will call you once I get there. Again, stay safe.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:18 pm

Jack wrote: Scot~
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you facilitate a drive to Houston for the Tuesday show. I know that Houston is on the far side of the map, but with a strong tailwind and good karma... ;) . I'll email you my cell number.

Sure, can you operate a 2.5m telescope for a few nights?! :D

scot

emma
Cool Stranger

Postby emma » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:27 pm

have a safe and happy trip paul! hope you enjoy every minute of it! :)

Return to “The Cafe”