Semi-Cute Story

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:48 pm

I'm down in Louisiana visiting with my family, where I spend all day with my favorite person alive--my 3&1/2 yr old niece, Hailey. Hailey and I are best buddies and the family calls her "Ginny's Shadow" because of how closely she sticks to me when we're together. Of course, if someone's going to stick to me like glue then they will eventually hear some Vienna Teng music. Hailey carries the WS cd around saying, "Pwetty dress" and keeps saying, "Play me Hawber Aunt Ginny!" but I don't think she realized until today that the girl in the pretty dress and the person singing in the headphones are the same person. This morning she came into my room, picked up the WS cd, and said, "Aunt Ginny, where is she?" I wasn't looking at her so it took me a minute to realize she was asking where Vienna is. I told her I didn't know but that she sings in lots of concerts. Hailey said, "Can I go?" and I told her not today but maybe someday and she got that crinkly about-to-cry face that all 3yr olds do so well. Before it could turn into a fit I said, "Sweety, lots of people want to hear Vienna sing but she can't see everyone all the time, so she put all her songs on a cd (then opened the case to show it to her) so we could hear them anytime we want." Hailey's heard me say the name Vienna Teng before but the Vienna Teng/pretty dress lady/songs connection isn't too strong yet. So Hailey said, "What's her name Aunt Ginny?" and I said "Vienna Teng." She said, "Enna Teng?" and I said, "Vienna Teng" as her mama simultaneously said "Vienna-like-the-sausage" and Hailey screamed, "Noooo Mommy, Teng! It's Teng Mommy!" Just to aggavate Hailey, my sister repeated the word "sausage" and Hailey got all mad and said, "Aunt Ginny said it's TENG!" I got some really funny pictures of Hailey dancing with the WS case while Hope on Fire played. We were listening to Shine and Hailey hit the button on the cd player which switched it to Hope on Fire and she jumped up and down and said, "I hit the button and a special song came on!" I also got a picture of her sleeping with the headphones and her arms around the Warm Strangers cd, which I will post here when I get home in case anyone wants to see. I told her Anna Rose was written for a little girl just like her and she smiled and nodded. She has been pretty cute today. ;) Can you tell I'm crazy about her?! ~G
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

emma
Cool Stranger

Postby emma » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:07 am

what a cute story! i'd really like to see hailey's pictures! please post them.

ShaynePepper
Warm Stranger

Postby ShaynePepper » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:07 am

That is just too adorable!

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:00 pm

This kid is pretty cute! :) She slept over with me last night and the first thing she said was, "I want to make a cake for you," then she said, "Where is the music?" I told her it's on the dresser and went and grabbed the headphones and WS cd. I think she's a fan. :) She even made me sing "Anna Rose" to her last night but I had to sing it with "Hailey Mae" instead of "Anna Rose," which doesn't work too well in the whole grand rhyming scheme of things, but 3yr olds don't care. I will post the pictures as soon as I get them put onto picture disc. I didn't bring my digital camera b/c Hailey is into EVERYTHING and I would not be too happy if she broke that camera. One other funny thing is that Hailey is scared of bugs and when I first got here she kept saying, "Aunt Ginny, what kind of ant are you?" LOL Here's a picture of us from one year ago, although her hair's to the middle of her back now and she's taller. ~G

"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Steve J
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve J » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:27 pm

Hailey sounds cute and I can tell she really loves you Ginny.

Glad to see Ginny has recruited one of the youngest new members of the fan club.
:)

In a few months, we will read in the newspaper about this little 4 year old arrested with a fake ID saying she is 21 while standing in line at a club so she can get in to see Vienna. She'll be holding a little tiny trumpet too, so we'll know it must be Hailey, lol.
;)
Loyal fan/groupie/friend/ETC. of Vienna Teng, Kyler England & Taylor Roberts Music (Now "Glorydive").

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:53 pm

Steve, I wouldn't put it past her. Of course, you forgot to mention in that in the headlines there will be an Aunt Ginny getting arrested for giving the 4yr old the fake id to see the Vienna Teng concert. LOL :) She does like to play my trumpet, too. Every time she blows into it she yells, "Aunt Ginny I blowed a G!" She is a handful! ~Ginny

dbeattie
Hot Stranger

Postby dbeattie » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:55 pm

Ginny wrote:Here's a picture of us from one year ago, although her hair's to the middle of her back now and she's taller.

Woah, that is one cute kid! And she sounds absolutely adorable from the stories we've gotten to read about her now. And SO on-topic--I loved her description of "Hope on Fire" as a "special song". Thanks for sharing, and I, for one, would love to see the recent picture of her with the Warm Strangers CD.

Of course the real beauty (pardon the pun) of this picture is that we see a little of how she might grow up in there too. If she even grows up to be half as pretty as her aunt Ginny, she'll be stunning!... Oops, what did I just say... B)

~David

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:31 pm

LOL David, you're funny, but thanks just the same. ;) I think Hailey will be beautiful! I spent 3hrs at Chuck E Cheese with her yesterday--we had ice cream, pizza, 43 games (*groan*), and traded her game ticket winnings in for 4 sheets of Chuck E Cheese stickers. I also bought her a stuffed Chuck E Cheese doll. Notice that Aunt Ginny doesn't spoil her or anything...She's still all about Vienna Teng this week. She's moved on from asking for "Hawber" to saying, "Aunt Ginny, play the special music!" or "Aunt Ginny, play MY song!" Her mom listens to top 40s all the time so I think that's why Hailey calls Vienna "the special music." I will definitely post the pix of her with the WS cd since you and Emma showed an interest. ~Ginny

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:53 pm

OKay, David and Emma--
Here's one of the photos. My computer is giving me alot of crap today so I'll post the others later, maybe tomorrow. But this is a cute one of Hailey with the headphones and WS cd. :) ~Ginny

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:10 pm

Ok, well here's one more. Decided to give the computer another try. Will post one or two more later--one of her sleeping w/the cd and maybe one of her kissing a picture of Vienna on this website. ;)

emma
Cool Stranger

Postby emma » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:36 am

how cute! she's so adorable! and she's holding the WS cd! i can see why it's so hard not to spoil her :lol:

ballegre
Warm Stranger

Postby ballegre » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:12 pm

Is it just me or does she look A LOT like her aunt?

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:05 pm

ballegre wrote: Is it just me or does she look A LOT like her aunt?

With any luck at all she'll grow out of it. :P But for now, my red-headed sister gets mad when we go out in public b/c people think Hailey is mine, tell me how precious my daughter is and how she looks like me. ;) ~Ginny

JEFF BARAN
Cool Stranger

Postby JEFF BARAN » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:12 pm

Hi Ginny! :) I love your pictures of Hailey and I can see why you love to spoil her so much!What a cutie and a Vienna fan on top of that,you are definately starting your niece out on the right foot.Chucky Cheese is also a kids dream come true,and it was so nice of you to spend so much time with her there and to treat her to all that fun playing all the different games and things.Ginny you are a wonderful aunt and it is so nice to see that you and your shadow are getting to spend some precious time together.Thats so cool that you and Hailey will be spending some more time together in Virginia beach,have a great time and make sure to take lots of pictures,we look forward to seeing some more pictures of your little angel here on the forum.-----Jeff-----

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:17 am

Hi Jeff! Glad you liked the photos. :) I'm happy we're flying to VA Beach tomorrow--I'm looking forward to taking Hailey to the ocean! Here's the last photo I mentioned of her sleeping with the ear phones on and the Vienna cd in the bed. She is definitely a fan. ttys Jeff. xo Love, G

Return to “The Cafe”