Just saying "hi" to an empty room....

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

cmooreNC
Tengster

Just saying "hi" to an empty room....

Postby cmooreNC » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:20 am

...as it's been ages since I've stopped by here. Blew off a few cobwebs, as it seems it's been at least four months since anyone stopped by and left a post behind as evidence of his or her presence here.

So many thoughts, both past and present. But I will leave them for another day.

I hope you are well, dear reader.

The memories still linger.
Chris

Michele
Strange

Re: Just saying "hi" to an empty room....

Postby Michele » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:50 pm

Hey Chris and everyone lurking! The forum was broken for a few months, but Eric managed to find some time to get this place shipshape again. He's been hard at work on http://photo.patternleaf.com/ should anyone wish to browse pretty things for a while.

Coinciding with broken code has been no VT news, but that will change soon!

Daniel
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Daniel » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:20 pm

Hi everyone - I discovered VT about a year ago although have only just got round to registering. I have become a huge fan (as has my 15 yo daughter) and listen repeatedly to all the albums (including Fourth Messenger, which is great and I have ordered the book). For reasons that I cannot figure out, though, it's rare to meet a fellow fan in the UK, so I'm hoping the forum can fill the gap.

News sounds promising - new album in the works? European tour? We can only hope!

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi Chris, et al. Yes, a few of us still check in from time to time. And we're still listening!

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Mon May 02, 2016 3:32 am

Welcome Daniel!

Daniel wrote:News sounds promising - new album in the works? European tour? We can only hope!

V has spilled a few of the beans (though not all of 'em) - on Facebook and Twitter:

Hello dear friends! I know I've been quiet a while. Just wanted to mention I'm playing a few solo shows in July on the US West Coast, starting in Vancouver (finally, for you saintly-patient Kickstarter backers!) and ending at Stanford University. More details to come. Sending love your way.

I don't think I can post the dates until later this month, so we still have some waiting ahead, but there is a bit of buzz starting, and that's nice to see.

While those dates will be it for now, don't give up hope! That Kickstarter project continues to bring V all over, in particular, there are still a couple of spend-a-day rewards still up for fulfillment, and plans change sometimes.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Mon May 02, 2016 7:49 am

Checking in as well, to try and soften the echo. :)

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Daniel
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Daniel » Mon May 02, 2016 2:59 pm

Thanks for the welcome Michelle. Is there a KIckstarter campaign currently running? I would happily pledge my bit to bring Vienna to the UK :)

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Thu May 05, 2016 7:12 am

Nope, she's still working on fulfillment from the Level Up video.

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Fri May 13, 2016 8:03 pm

Hi there, Michele, Scot and Steve! And welcome, Daniel.

I was quite amazed when I popped back in and found responses to my post.

Good to know you're all still around (and that you've joined us, Daniel).

Mary Sue and I will be flying out to California in July. Catching the Sacramento show for sure and hopefully the Stanford concert, too. Although our flight departure to head back to Nashville on Sunday morning (17th) is at 7:30 in the morning, so we'll have to see about the Stanford show. Very tempting, but that could make the next day pretty rough!
Chris

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:19 am

Hey Chris,

Another show is worth a rough day, I say! :)

Hope you can make it.

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:32 am

I have been in an "empty room" for years.........some call it solitary confinement...........its safer for everyone that way........especially after my Mr. Smith Goes to Washington type speech I gave at the United Nations regarding the plight of the "Horned Guan"..........I tell you, that building is filled with nothing but a bunch of foreigners that hate me as well as the "Horned Guan". I didn't realize I got the venue wrong for the wildlife symposium.

Interesting to see that Vienna has moved again. Since I have been a fan she has moved from California to New York then to Michigan, and now Colorado. She is now in John Denver country. Boulder is a beautiful city. I am happy for her. I am sure it will inspire a new album soon!
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” Sinclair Lewis

VeronicaEquinox32181
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby VeronicaEquinox32181 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:46 am

Hello, Fellow Viennaphiles. That's.....it sounds like a diagnosis. I have yet to interact with people who are interested in her and her work even online unless you count the three singer/songwriters on tour with Indiegrrl who came through my hometown(Akron,Ohio) the summer before my senior year of high school, 2of the 3 were pianist songwriters and I was just crazy(still am) of that combo. I talked to them after about who they were both into and immediately the first name out was Vienna. So I am finally getting around to interact online. My GF Renata is telling me that I am not fair to me, being a blogger as a JOB but never newsgroups or BBS for MY favourite music, art, quotes. She's right. As for Vienna moving a lot, I'm sure it will be a.n influence on her music. "Wherever you go,there you are." BS. The air n like and proximity to big water n altitude totally makes me a different version of me in Sedona than Michigan where we live. And I'm not even creative!

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:41 pm

You've got the right idea, Veronica - grow your own! I've got several friends and relatives I've taken to see Vienna, and now they're all fans!

Daniel
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Daniel » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:57 pm

The only other people I know IRL who are into Vienna are my wife and daughter - I introduced them and now they are fans. I will be very excited if I meet other fans and would go a long way to a concert. Can't really justify the US though, hence hoping for a tour.

Return to “The Cafe”