Decade and One

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Decade and One

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:34 am

I started posting here in 2004 and when 2015 hits it will be a decade and one. I went back to the Q&A with Vienna and I asked her in 2004 whether "being" a musical artist is better than "wanting to be a musical artist" ? The answer she posted in response was superbly honest and accurate. Vienna is still a musical artist to this day, who has five albums out, several music videos, has performed on National TV and National Public Radio and has performed not just in the States but all over the world, including China, which was a perfect answer to my other question about whether or not she would ever perform there. I don't think she has performed yet at the North or South Pole but I have read there are scientific research centers there. I can imagine Vienna giving a concert in a Quonset Hut at the South Pole with a bunch of bearded men in Down Parkas who have not seen a woman in months and the stench of those microwaveable Hot Pockets waffling in the air because the scientists are all tired of eating popcorn. It would be a tough venue. I read there are a lot of pit bulls down there also............................
Pascal told only half the story. He said man was a thinking reed. What man is, is a thinking reed and a walking genital."

Steve
Hot Stranger

Re: Decade and One

Postby Steve » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:18 pm

Wow, I never thought about this having been the Decade and One year for me, and that's always been one of my Favorites of Vienna's songs. Thanks again to whoever it was who mentioned her on a Dar Williams discussion group - it sure changed my life, musically, discovering this amazing artist and person.

As for the South Pole, maybe someone should let them know about the Dec 26 online event. I'll bet they spend plenty of free time watching online broadcasts, and probably would like to know about special ones like this.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Re: Decade and One

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:10 am

The Xmas day is nearly here. Love that Christmas music. This one from SNL had me busting my moves early this year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWnP2jO06gc
Merry Christmas to everyone!
Pascal told only half the story. He said man was a thinking reed. What man is, is a thinking reed and a walking genital."

Return to “The Cafe”