A couple of songs that I wish Vienna would do a cover of

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

A couple of songs that I wish Vienna would do a cover of

Postby Ang Mo » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:01 am

The song originally released by Louis Armstrong called "What a Wonderful World" was a failure in the U.S.A. but hit number one in the UK at its original release date. However, the film "Good Morning Vietnam' using this song turned it into a big hit many years later.

Back in the early 70's there was a failure of a movie musical called "Lost Horizon" and it was panned by the critics and was a flop, but there were a couple of songs, that I think if they were redone by Vienna, could turn into hits. The first song is the one called "Reflections" which was sung by the original "Hot Lips Hoolahan" in the film "MASH" actress Sally Kellerman who was also in the Star Trek pilot with her husband Gary Lockwood called "Where No Man has Gone Before". Here is the song from the film Lost Horizon called "Reflections" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46stUnjT71c and the other song from Lost Horizon is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8FVHOJko4c
I think Vienna could flip these two songs into hits.
Pascal told only half the story. He said man was a thinking reed. What man is, is a thinking reed and a walking genital."

Ang Mo
Tengster

Re: A couple of songs that I wish Vienna would do a cover of

Postby Ang Mo » Thu May 29, 2014 7:13 am

One more from the film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btYfSAcEyNs which is the opening theme song to the movie called Lost Horizon.
Pascal told only half the story. He said man was a thinking reed. What man is, is a thinking reed and a walking genital."

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Sat May 31, 2014 3:02 am

I always think of Vienna as going in a bit less happy-go-lucky direction. One year a radio station where I volunteered gave me some CD's, and one was by Carolyn Wonderland. I really didn't care for most of it, but the final song just screamed Vienna to me. It probably helped that she was touring with Marika and Dina at the time and I liked the strings in the background.

Shortly after that, we were at a concert of Vienna's where she didn't have any CD's available for sale, so I gave her this one, instead, and mentioned how I could imagine her singing the last track. I don't know if she ever considered it, and I suppose I could have ponied up enough to her Kickstarter campaign to force her to work it up, but that didn't seem quite right!

Anyway, here it is: Feed Me To The Lions

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sat May 31, 2014 11:16 am

Hi Steve,

Wow- she's good. Thanks for the new music. And you're right; I'm sure Vienna could knock out a great cover of this tune!

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Return to “The Cafe”