Level Up Video

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Level Up Video

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:39 am

Vienna put the bucks up on the screen with this production, you can tell from the production values. Very nice video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4n_8R5lKnw
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” Sinclair Lewis

cmooreNC
Tengster

Re: Level Up Video

Postby cmooreNC » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:07 pm

Yes, because of the success of the Kickstarter campaign I heard she spent at least twice what she originally expected to, budget wise. Her original target was $20k, but that was to bring it at the absolute minimum possible with only herself doing all the dancing. I think she spent over $40k and I wouldn't be surprised if the final tally came in even higher. Hiring the dancers that Lawrence was able to because of the increase in funding proved to be an absolutely wonderful addition. :D
Chris

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:20 am

The special effects were very good as well and I like how the transitions were done from the room, to the outside alley, to the physical therapy room, and then out to some tornado damaged looking house outside.

I also approved of Vienna's wardrobe. That is why I think the Wrecking ball video is so disgusting because Miley is wearing those military looking Dr. Marten army boots, whereas Vienna would of wore some really tasteful and classy colorful socks donated from her fans.......... :wink:
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” Sinclair Lewis

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:18 pm

The transitions from the bedroom, to the alley, to the physical therapy room and finally to the outside "storm damaged" house scene were actually all one long continuous shot. As was the "reverse" sequence. It was fascinating to watch as they filmed. They literally built walls that opened and closed, such that as Vienna would approach the wall (with the camera trailing immediately behind her) they would have human operators on the other side open it allow her and the camera to pass through into the next scene.

The big advantage was that they could make noise (yelling out instructions, etc.) as they did so, because it was strictly a video shoot and there was no need to record any audio at all.

I have at least one "trailing video" that I shot at the time (in that I was walking behind the main camera) that I have uploaded to Dropbox. I need to move that into a public folder and make it available for others to see or download. We can do that now that the official video has been released.
Chris

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:51 am

So Chris, do you know if another video will be produced featuring another track on the album?

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:11 pm

Ang Mo wrote:So Chris, do you know if another video will be produced featuring another track on the album?

I have not heard of any plans to do so. She starts the new job in Detroit in less than two weeks, I think, so I'm guessing that new position and fulfilling other Kickstarter promises will be occupying all of her available time this year.
Chris

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:06 am

Happy 50K views! I added closed captions in English. If anyone would like to submit translations, please feel free to PM or e-mail me.

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:55 pm

I've actually been surprised that the viewing total hasn't been rising faster. It's such a wonderful video, but it definitely hasn't "gone viral." But I have no idea how to promote a video (other than sharing it on Facebook, as I've done a couple of times), so I'm afraid I'm not much help in that regard.

But yes, 50k is a significant milestone! :)
Chris

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:32 pm

Have each fan click on the link and watch it five times a day for the next 30 days.

I am not sure either how to market it out there.

Cooler Near The Lake
Cool Stranger

Postby Cooler Near The Lake » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:57 pm

It looks like the delightful Lindsey Stirling has drawn some inspiration from the Level Up video:

http://youtu.be/DHdkRvEzW84

Although I obviously like Lindsey very much it remains a bit saddening that every music video she puts on YT immediately goes viral while the beautiful Level Up video is still crawling at some 50k views. I put a link to Level Up into the comments of the Transcendence video. Maybe it helps a little bit...
sail your sea
meet your storm

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:08 am

Well Lindsey is a pretty red head with a penchant for violin I must admit but I think Vienna's video is far superior. Not sure why Lindsey's video has over 700,000 hits and Vienna's in the 57,000 range.

But I am screaming for more Vienna Teng videos and I found the perfect venue for the next video. Rather fanciful and might be a tad expensive but the Singing Hobbit (tm) would take charge in this mystical place. I would have her shoot the video wearing that white dress (representing musical purity) that was on the Inland Territory photo shoot, but the hairstyle in that super short Janine Turner, Northern Exposure style hairdo like on Warm Strangers. The venue is a very green island, off the coast of Ireland, called Skellig Michael, where the greenest greens would contrast well with that white dress for musical purity.
http://www.kuriositas.com/2011/03/skellig-michael-mysterious-monastery-in.html What a fascinating island with this ancient abandoned monastery on top and fantastic backdrop for a music video.

I highly recommend my idea! I say a million hits on youtube................

When I get depressed about feeling overweight I go into a local Walmart where I am only about half the size of the other overweight people. Like the new Information Society single , "LAND OF THE BLIND" the key line is "In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king" I feel sarcastic, yet deep in thought. Catchy tune by the way, a real toe tapper http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM6Q8XEE88w

Return to “The Cafe”