HAPPY "AIMS" RELEASE DAY, EVERYBODY!

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

cmooreNC
Tengster

HAPPY "AIMS" RELEASE DAY, EVERYBODY!

Postby cmooreNC » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:55 pm

(and yes, I meant to shout!) :D

It's wonderful. And I can't believe it's almost 1:00 pm eastern time in the U.S. and I am the first one on here to post on this topic!

These boards aren't quite the beehive of activity that they used to be. But hopefully traffic will pick up here once the tour starts --- TOMORROW! :lol:
Chris

davechen
Cool Stranger

Re: HAPPY "AIMS" RELEASE DAY, EVERYBODY!

Postby davechen » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:11 pm

Woohoo! Got my CD in the mail yesterday. The deluxe version I pre-ordered will come some time down the line.

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Happy release day! I haven't been able to properly form words for how much I love Aims. Hope you're all enjoying it!

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:15 am

Yup, you can probably imagine what's been in my CD player since I got home from work, yesterday! And of course, I'm really looking forward to the 11th here in Asheville, even more so after having seen her in Charlotte in July!

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:26 am

Steve, would you be up for a dinner gathering the night of the 11th? We have several friends who will be coming up from the Charlotte area for the show (some of who were able to see the Charlotte concert and a few who couldn't because they were out of town). So we're hoping to "break bread" as a group before attending the Asheville concert.

And my offer of the two empty seats at our table for the Atlanta show on the 13th still stands, as I still have those available.
Chris

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:28 am

By the way, I'm expecting a very different show in Asheville than what we experienced in Charlotte, simply because of the trio format. I think things will be a bit more "electronic," but I'm eagerly awaiting reports of how things play out once the tour actually kicks off tomorrow.
Chris

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:16 am

Sure, I'd love to meet together before the Asheville show. There are several places within walking distance - let me know what you like!

I'm still trying to decide about Atlanta. I hadn't planned to go until the Charlotte show, which absolutely blew me away. Maybe it was introducing someone new to Vienna (again!) and seeing the reaction, but I don't think I've ever felt so emotional at a show by anyone before. I need to talk to my sister-in-law in Atlanta about going. It was her daughter and grand-daughter that I took to Charlotte, and just from their stories about Vienna I know she'd like to see her, too. If I can take a vacation day on Monday there'll be no problem, but that's getting into our busy season at work. Decisions, decisions!

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:13 pm

You need to come, Steve. There's a strong chance that we may not be blessed with a similar opportunity in 2014...
Chris

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:15 pm

As for restaurant choices, I'm thinking that we will probably need to make a reservation for a party of about 10 or so...
Chris

asteroid
Warm Stranger

Postby asteroid » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:51 pm

...I'm just dropping by to say Happy Birthday to Vienna.

^_^
Vienna's volunteer agent on midomi.com

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:13 am

asteroid wrote:...I'm just dropping by to say Happy Birthday to Vienna.

^_^

Happy birthday indeed! It was a big day, with Aims charting #4 for Heatseekers Albums on Billboard, and "Level Up" played on KFOG, a big station in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Thanks for dropping by, asteroid!

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Not to mention what appeared to be lots and lots of pancakes (where did she put it all?) and a cake on stage last night. Pretty good birthday all the way around, I'd say! :D
Chris

Return to “The Cafe”