Five years

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Fred
Tengster

Five years

Postby Fred » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:55 am

It never occurred to me to wonder what I'd think of all of this five years down the road. Or that there would be a road I'd be on five years later. But there has been, and it has led me to clubs and theaters, road trips and webcasts, online discussions and personal friendships. It has also led me to the live music of a couple of hundred other artists on a couple of hundred other nights. It has led me to other musical communities, and at one point I thought it might lead me away from this one (although not away from Vienna's music), but fortunately I was wrong about that. Now it has led back to something like its origin, as Vienna prepares to commence her new tour and I prepare for my next show, and my next road trip, in only a little more than a week. I wonder what the next five years will bring?
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

cmooreNC
Tengster

Re: Five years

Postby cmooreNC » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Fred wrote: I wonder what the next five years will bring?

Probably many things equally unexpected.... enjoy the ride!
Chris

chigaijin
Warm Stranger

Re: Five years

Postby chigaijin » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:58 am

It's been about five years for me too: first not caring so much, then deciding which album (then, of three) to get from iTunes by ranking the songs I liked on all of them and finding it a tie, then seeing my first show in Oakland, CA—part of the Inland Territory release tour. A widening circle of musicians through Alex Wong, including a show in San Francisco where a mysterious young woman had made an actual paper raincoat. (It wasn't until many years later that I found out that was WintermoonSnow.) In these five years I made friends, arranged covers, graduated from college, traveled abroad, got a job, and moved to San Francisco; in this last one I've finally started being more warm than stranger and joined this community. "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like," but I hope to see you in the SF Bay Area and around the world, and I'm glad for the things Vienna and her music have done for us.

Return to “The Cafe”