Scheduled Radio Appearance - July 19th

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

cmooreNC
Tengster

Scheduled Radio Appearance - July 19th

Postby cmooreNC » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:58 am

I listed this on the Charlotte show thread yesterday, but it occurs to me that perhaps this deserves a thread of its own....

I am pleased to report that I received confirmation on the following bit of great news on Thursday of this week -

Vienna will be an in-studio on-air guest for WFAE-FM's "Charlotte Talks" on the morning of Friday, July 19th. The program airs live at 9 am (edt) and I believe they also stream on the web at their website of http://www.wfae.org. She will NOT be performing live on the show (although they may play a track or two of her music) and I'm not certain if she will be the only guest during the hour-long broadcast. They usually take calls during the show for listener questions, but I'm not sure if they will on this date. It's primarily a "talk show" and I'm hoping they'll focus on Vienna's new career interests as well as her music, although this has been arranged primarily because of her show in Charlotte the following night.

If I'm not mistaken, "Charlotte Talks" is also rebroadcast at 9 pm on the same day as the original live broadcast. It is hosted by Mike Collins, a long-time Charlotte broadcaster. (Note - this may not hold true on Friday nights, as it appears they air "The Moth" at 9 on Friday evenings.)

WFAE airs at 90.7 FM in Charlotte and I think they are also on 90.3 FM out of Hickory, NC. They are Charlotte's primary NPR station.

Please keep in mind that "news programming" is always subject to change based on events of the day, so it is possible that this may not occur as planned if something more "urgent" comes up at that time.
Chris

Return to “The Cafe”