Been Ten Years

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

rahau
Even Stranger

Been Ten Years

Postby rahau » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:33 am

Ten years ago today, I first heard Vienna on NPR's Weekend Edition Saturday. At that time, I thought she was a genius. Ten years later, I have even more respect and admiration for her. It's been an amazing decade.
Last edited by rahau on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michele
Strange

Re: Been Ten Years

Postby Michele » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:29 pm

Happy anniversary!

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:38 pm

Indeed, happy 10th anniversary of your "awakening" day, Rahau! :D

Can't say that I disagree with your initial opinion... I consider her many talents to be quite a gift and I often think how wonderful it is that she continues to share them as she can.
Chris

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:10 am

It has been 9 years for me. Seems like only yesterday, and like most human beings who reflect back in time, I looked back at myself, as we all have a habit at looking back at ourselves, with smug wonder at the gulf between the innocent of yesterday and the sage of today. It has been an interesting journey with a mixture of happiness and sadness these last nine years. One constant positive for me has been the music of Vienna Teng.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

ben
Getting Stranger

Postby ben » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:09 pm

Haven't been active but still here. A couple of months late but Happy 10th Anniversary. :D
Always look on the bright side of life.

Cooler Near The Lake
Cool Stranger

Postby Cooler Near The Lake » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:59 pm

Happy anniversary!
What can I say? Other musical favorites have come and gone.
Vienna is bound to stay.
sail your sea
meet your storm

CrazyOne
Warm Stranger

Postby CrazyOne » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:31 pm

That is hard to believe, 10 years. But yes I remember. I woke up to that segment and I found the CD just a few hours later in a local Borders. It seems odd, looking back, that they actually had it, but then Borders used to be a place where they would stock a copy of something rather obscure here and there.
"We in the back are all agreed that your theory is crazy. But what divides us is whether your theory is crazy enough!" --Niels Bohr

wolding
Warm Stranger

Postby wolding » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:42 am

Yessir! It has been about that long for me, too. I joined this forum April 11, 2003. Which means I experienced my first concert a few days before that. Thanks for the reminder!
btw, I was a stage hand at a local charity event last weekend. And my band was one of five to play, as well. Between bands I played Vienna's records over the front-of-house speakers while we set the stage. I had lots of people ask me who is the artist, and they commented on how great her voice is. I do hope I won some more fans for Vienna.
Bill

Return to “The Cafe”