Happy 4th! Annual Greeting

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Fred
Tengster

Happy 4th! Annual Greeting

Postby Fred » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi, all!

Hope as many of you as possible are having a great holiday today!

Three years ago I started a personal tradition of greeting all the forum members on the anniversary of my joining, 7/4/08, and reflecting on the past year in the forum and in Vienna's music. This seems a little weird now. Although I am as much a fan of Vienna's music as I ever was, and although my estimation of her as a person only continues to grow, the focus of my musical life has broadened and the focus of my on-line life has shifted, to the point that many recent forum members reading this must wonder, "Who is this guy?" So I will bring this tradition to a close with this entry.

I have a lot to be grateful for. You all taught me what it means to be a true fan of an artist, and at the same time gave me an education in Vienna's music that made up for the fact that I missed being on board for the first few years of her career. A lot of exciting things will happen in the future, I'm sure, with a new CD, possible touring, and other ideas unspecified in the offing for 2013. I'll be there for all of it, and I'll still be coming around here to visit every now and then, as I've been for the last year or so, but my goal is to have a new musical home of my own, where I write on all that I hear, and that will be my focus. I'll let y'all know when that happens.

So, anyway ... I'll see you around.

With sincere thanks,

Fred
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

Return to “The Cafe”