Who should direct Vienna Teng's new music video's

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Who should direct Vienna Teng's new music video's

Postby Ang Mo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:58 am

I think she should use the guys that directed and produced "The Cars" music video of "You Might Think" Those guys are Jeff Stein, and Alex Weil and Charlie Levi of VFX company Charlex.

And out of the old nostaligia file, the video I am talking about. Loved how it used the old B movie horror films of yesteryear times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yf2WP6K1gQ

Nuff said.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Ang Mo
Tengster

Re: Who should direct Vienna Teng's new music video's

Postby Ang Mo » Thu May 24, 2012 5:52 am

Paul Robb could add an interesting twist to Vienna's music video. As the writer for the band Information Society he could bring a creative twist to the project. For example the song nicknamed (Pure Energy) with Mr. Spock and Dr. McCoy, and the robot Nomad was a cool add to this big hit in the eighties.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss6vUraHFIw&feature=related
Could Vienna do a version of this song in classical pop style, that would be an interesting experiment. Maybe worth a look.
Here is a link to Mr. Robb's website: http://www.hifiproject.com/site/
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Fri May 25, 2012 7:23 am

My choice would be Alice Wu, the brilliant writer-director of Saving Face. Like Vienna, she is a Bay Area native/Stanford Computer Science grad/software engineer/quit-to-pursue-creative-artist-dreams/transplanted-to-Brooklyn person. Who better to direct a Vienna video?

Erik
Warm Stranger

Postby Erik » Sat May 26, 2012 12:31 am

I saw several of these videos at a Hong Kong style fast food place last night. I really liked #15, B.A.P.'s "Warrior" and #5 Super Junior's "Mr. Simple". The imagery told a story even though I don't understand the language. I think the random imagery and style of those types of videos would really lend themselves to Vienna's music.

I am stuck at work with no access to YouTube and limited internet access, but take a look at the videos on the list and see if you see any type of random imagery that might lend itself to future Vienna Teng songs.

http://stereogum.com/983191/the-20-best-k-pop-videos/franchises/listomania/

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:25 pm

I checked those video's out. I am not sure if Vienna is the dancing type but I could be wrong. I remember a post years ago saying she was a good dancer but I can't find that post. It is probably there, just so many posts to sort through. I am anxious to see the video whoever does direct it.

micro
Hot Stranger

Postby micro » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:28 am

k-pop has come full circle here, in a manner of speaking, from last year's Lee Hyori and Seo In Young posts to the one Erik posted above.

On a related note Kyler England co-wrote a song, Tick Tock, released by U-Kiss (Korean kpop group) in Japanese and Korean, and Allison Veltz (formerly NYC now Nashville singer-songwriter) co-wrote Mr. Taxi which was released by Girls' Generation in Japanese and Korean. Girls' Generation also recently performed on Letterman.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:58 am

That's easy. The Chairman and me! :)

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:56 am

I don't know Scot, I always get so nervous I forget to take the lens cap off the camera :D

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:36 am

Ang Mo wrote:I don't know Scot, I always get so nervous I forget to take the lens cap off the camera :D

Why do you think I added me as your assistant? :)

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:44 am

You think of everything, Scot!!! :D

chigaijin
Warm Stranger

Postby chigaijin » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:34 pm

I was just linked to Chairlift's Choose-Your-Own-Adventure MV for "Met Before". It'd be awesome to see Vienna do something like this, especially since her songs are so narrative, but I don't know if she has time to film so many branches!

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:50 am

Clint Eastwood could direct her video where Vienna sings to an "Empty Chair" the song Happy Birthday like Marilyn Monroe...... :wink: On second thought, maybe Daniel Wu as I hinted before.

Return to “The Cafe”