The Fourth Messenger

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

cmooreNC
Tengster

Re: The Fourth Messenger

Postby cmooreNC » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:08 pm

At our dinner together, Tanya mentioned that some of the "people who matter" had already notified her of their intention to attend some of the performances during the Berkley run. So there are already appropriate "nibbles."

At this point I'd say the best thing we can do is push internet publicity and that will help drive sales. If they can legitimately have a full house each night they perform, that will speak volumes to those who may have the "deeper pockets" to take this across the Bay for presentation directly in San Francisco. That seems to be the next logical step.

So anything we can do to help promote this show, particularly on Facebook, can only help.

Things like this don't go directly from Berkley to NYC. That's just not going to happen. It took six years (or longer, if one considers the original "seed of an idea" germination date) for it to just reach the stage in full production. It will take that long, or perhaps even longer, before this makes it to the pinnacle, if it even gets that far. The key is going to be having success at each level, as that's the way it will find its way to the top.
Chris

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:55 pm

The ticket page now says:
The rest of our run is now sold out. If you are interested in this production and did not get tickets, please send an email to tanyashaffer@gmail.com, and I will put you on our mailing list to be notified of future performance dates. We are considering a Bay Area remount in the coming months, so please stay tuned!

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 am

Michele wrote:The ticket page now says:
The rest of our run is now sold out. If you are interested in this production and did not get tickets, please send an email to tanyashaffer@gmail.com, and I will put you on our mailing list to be notified of future performance dates. We are considering a Bay Area remount in the coming months, so please stay tuned!

Definitely great news. Whether over in San Fran or at a larger house in Berkley, let's hope this "Bay Area remount" becomes reality! :D
Chris

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:51 am

The reviews I read so far have seemed positive on the play, so that is a good sign. A musical is a difficult animal to deal with for sure. I was watching an old western called, "The Fastest Gun Alive" and there is a lighter scene in the movie with a phenomenal dancer/actor names Russ Tamblyn, anyway this guy must of been in tremendous shape to be able to dance on top of shovels and do the flips and jumps he was performing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdAvEOt-l_I absolutely incredible.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” Sinclair Lewis

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:32 pm

Somehow never got around to mentioning here - back in January, The Fourth Messenger's official site was updated with Vienna singing and performing some songs from the show. Then in February, they added pics from the show. I love Reggie's pic of the lit marquee. Erik ended up sneaking one pic of the final bow.

The set was struck immediately after the last show yesterday, but while that was going on we managed to record another VTlog, answering some questions about the musical which were asked on Facebook.

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:51 pm

Some news to coincide with Vienna's birthday: "The wait is almost over. The second production of The Fourth Messenger, by Tanya Shaffer and Vienna Teng, will open at the NoHo Arts Center in Los Angeles in late January. Casting begins in less than two weeks. You heard it here, folks!"

It's going to be strange and exciting to see other actors bring this story to life. Looking forward to checking out the next incarnation. The version from the first production was very close to really nailing it, and I'm confident it's just going to keep improving as it goes along.

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:45 pm

As most probably already know, the LA run has been delayed because of a sale of the theater. Another suitable venue is being sought for the second staging, although that will still be in the Los Angeles area.
Chris

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:21 pm

Thanks for the update, Chris. I just showed the trailer to my sister-in-law last night, but as she lives in Atlanta it's not likely either of our families will make it to a show in LA...

Return to “The Cafe”