My Medea

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ginny
Tengster

My Medea

Postby Ginny » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:14 pm

Hello! How's everyone doing? Do you ever forget how much you love a song until you haven't heard it in a long time? "My Medea" is that for me today. LOVE it! :)
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Fred
Tengster

Re: My Medea

Postby Fred » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:37 pm

Ginny wrote:Hello! How's everyone doing? Do you ever forget how much you love a song until you haven't heard it in a long time? "My Medea" is that for me today. LOVE it! :)

Ginny, SO great to hear from you! How's it going? Any Vienna Teng shows since we last heard from you? What else is new?
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:51 am

Dr. Ginny, how is Stuckey doing? Also have you been traveling around with the Trumpet Trio or Quartet to any new exciting countries or destinations. I listen to the second album quite a bit but my favorites are still Harbor, Shine, Shasta (thankfully not named after that horrible fake soft drink) Green Island Serenade, Feather Moon, and I am really starting to like and appreciate Mission Street a lot more. I think it is the sleeper on the album for me personally. I had to play it quite a few times but I got hooked on it.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:19 pm

Ang Mo wrote:...I am really starting to like and appreciate Mission Street a lot more. I think it is the sleeper on the album for me personally. I had to play it quite a few times but I got hooked on it.

Mission Street has always been a favorite of mine. One reason I appreciate it is that it sticks out among Vienna's songs as not sounding like a piano song. She said that she started it on guitar because she didn't have a keyboard handy at the time, and it sounds like a guitar-centric folk song. I'm looking forward to more guitar songs from Vienna in the future. (...and drum songs? What's a drum song?) She mentioned another song composed on guitar, too; might have been Homecoming.
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi, Fred! Nope, no Vienna shows for me in a long time. It's been about 5yrs or so, which is ridiculous! :( Things are good, though, and I hope they are for you as well!

Ang Mo, Stuckey is still a naughty cat. He's just been kicked out of the kitchen by my dad, and is looking properly offended (as only a naughty cat can). I quit the quintet. I am now the custodial 'parent' of my niece, Hailey, who's 10. Thats riiiiight, I'm a soccer mom....I always knew this day would come, but it's still been a huge adjustment! I do school car line and I'm chaperoning my first field trip in two weeks. haha :) I am very glad Hailey is here, though. She's a good kid. What's new with you?!
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:42 pm

Hi Ginny,

Sounds like you have taken on some new challenges in life and are meeting them head on and succeeding very well with them. I am sure Hailey is very blessed with you as her new custodial parent. Stuckey sounds like his old self. I remember reading about how he likes to sharpen his nails on the waterbed. He definitely has a personality. Glad you are having a happy Holiday and hopefully all forumites are doing the same.

I was thinking about going down to the mall with pepper spray or maybe going to that late night Thanksgiving Day sale to beat the crap out of some old lady to get the last 50% off a Tickle Me Elmo doll or Plasma TV but I just didn't have it in me this year. I must be getting old. :lol:

I have been dreaming of eating a dish called Japchae. Nobody in this wilderness here knows how to make it. Seems healthy and combined with a refreshing soft drink like a diet coke would certainly make me my happy hyper self.

I have also done some reading about how 20% of Americans are on anti-depressants and than I worried all last night why the other 80% were not taking them.

Other than that I have been eating and taking a lot of naps with the rest of the family in traditional Thanksgiving weekend style.

Happy Thanksgiving Ginny and to everyone else.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:24 pm

Ang Mo,
Your comments always make me laugh out loud. I'm sorry to hear you are getting too old to harm innocent bystanders. Must be tough. I'm plenty young enough to beat up old ladies, but I'm too busy in the school car line to go to Walmart! ;) It is a big concern that so many people aren't on anti-depressants. Maybe you should start lobbying to have Zoloft put in town water supplies. That way, you can still sleep at night! I hope you (and everyone here) had a Happy Thanksgiving. Did you drink too much Diet Coke that day? ~Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:22 am

Hi Ginny,

I stepped outside into the snowy outdoors this morning and saw my shadow which guarantees I will have six more weeks of being alone!

Anyhow I have been watching episodes of The Fugitive with David Jansen. Incredible old tv show and very entertaining. This two part episode involving this Catholic Nun whom the Fugitive helps was a faith promoting experience. I felt like going out and helping someone but I got hungry and stayed in. Had a diet coke too! I will probably go help someone later when it gets warmer outside.

Please delete one of my Joe Kapp posts. I did not mean to double it. Please delete the newest one. Thanks much.

I bet you are having fun with Hailey, is she still a big fan of Vienna's?

Return to “The Cafe”