Vienna learning the drums but I think she should switch to

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Vienna learning the drums but I think she should switch to

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:03 am

the THERAMIN I was watching Midsommer Murders and I think Vienna could actually create words to go with the music. Check out the weirdest musical instrument of all time. You play the instrument by not touching it. WEIRD. See for yourself.
http://www.videosurf.com/video/celia-sheen-plays-midsomer-murders-on-theremin-62920960
I am not sure if Celia is related to Charlie but the strange instrument might be an indication....... :lol:
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Cooler Near The Lake
Cool Stranger

Postby Cooler Near The Lake » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:13 pm

hmmm ... interesting thought :idea: .
Trying to imagine a Weird Instruments Contest between Vienna on the theremin and Alex on his waterphone...
sail your sea
meet your storm

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:48 am

I never know if I'm listening to a theremin or an ondes martenot, but I guess the latter are pretty much defunct. When I saw the Low Anthem a couple of weeks ago they were using some kind of non-contact oscillator instrument like but I don't think identical to a theremin. It seemed to involve moving a couple of metal rods relative to each other, whereas with a theremin you just move your hands in the field. The sound was much the same woo-eee-ooo sci-fi kinda thing.
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

Return to “The Cafe”