End of the World Judgement Day May 21st

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

End of the World Judgement Day May 21st

Postby Ang Mo » Fri May 20, 2011 5:27 am

Reading the USA Today newspaper and on the back of the Life section some religious group took out a full back page advertisement informing me the end of the world will start this Saturday on May 21st. On Sunday the 22nd I will be watching the NBA basketball playoff games believe it or not. I use to be extremely religious once upon a time but now I kind of follow the philosophy of John Lennon, just sitting back and watching the wheels go round and round. These days while certain co-workers of mine are in church during a Sunday morning pondering the teachings of Brigham Young, I am at the Chinese restaurant pondering the flavor of Egg Foo Young or is that Yung..........

Anyhow this topic might be a good seed idea for Vienna to expound on.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Mon May 23, 2011 6:42 am

Well it is damn near Monday and still nothing has happened. I guess that old religious nut that predicted this will have to find a really sincere pumpkin patch to help him with his next "END OF THE WORLD" prediction. Oh well.......... I did experience The RAPture by listening to Tone Loc rap the classic of "A FUNKY COLD MEDINA".

I have been on a Portugeuse fetish lately. Not so much Portugal in general but some islands they own called the Azores. A group of subtropical islands out in the middle of nowhere in the Atlantic. You can grow pinapple there and the scenery is not to bad either. They make a special pot roast that is unique to the area called Alcatra Here is the recipe http://www.grouprecipes.com/26344/alcatra-portuguese-pot-roast-with-wine-bacon-amp-garlic.html

Anyhow I find the place fascinating. You can still live in a place in this world that although it was discovered, it is just not that well known. The Azores seems to fit into this area. I don't ever hear travel shows rave about the Azores or it being covered on Globe Trekker or some other travel show and I don't hear a lot of people ever talking about going there on a vacation or to take a job. Hmmm, this might be Shangri La. I might have to investigate. My only fear is the native cattle dogs there that look very much like viscious pit bulls. I will have to think that through. No mention of diet coke either. Lots of wine making though. They say the difference between a wino and a wine taster is about a gallon. I wonder if they would say four liters over there or four litres. Forgive my spelling, I know it is bad. Goodnight!

P.S. Vienna should write a song with the word Azores in it. I think it would give Azorians great pride. Yet another seed idea. The day after the end of the world I might mention as well........
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

ben
Getting Stranger

Postby ben » Wed May 25, 2011 3:18 pm

Well you can wait for the next one. The Mayans predicts the world will end on December 2012. :D
Always look on the bright side of life.

NJ Fan Chris
Warm Stranger

Postby NJ Fan Chris » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:29 am

I guess it was just a matter of time before a story like this came along... :cry:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/06/04/family-of-nyc-woman-angered-by-donation-to-apocalypse-preacher/
"From Bottom Line to Highline"

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:47 am

Sad how gullible people are. It would seem a far better thing if people donated money to fund ideas of saving the planet rather that waste time funding the prediction of its demise. Just a thought.

Vienna posted in the scrapbook that she is pursuing her goal of playing drums. A good summer challenge in between concerts and other life pursuits.

Return to “The Cafe”