Eclectic Arts Zine: Interview w/Vienna Featured Inside

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

SeattleNextDoor
Cool Stranger

Eclectic Arts Zine: Interview w/Vienna Featured Inside

Postby SeattleNextDoor » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:05 am

Forgive me if this is not proper etiquette to advertise a publication like this but I wanted to let other fans know:

I had the pleasure of interviewing Vienna in February 2011 for my new zine Eclectic Arts. It is a print publication done by a fan (fanzine). The interview spans many topics and clocked in at 18 pages!

I have copies now in hand. If you are interested in ordering a copy, please contact me at: EclecticArtsZine AT gmail DOT com I can send you more information regarding pricing, ordering, etc.

Thank you for your time,
Mark
Eclectic Arts

SeattleNextDoor
Cool Stranger

Postby SeattleNextDoor » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:17 am

There is also limited distribution through underground labels such as Negative Existence (GA), NWN! Productions (CA), Hells Headbangers (OH), and Northern Heritage in Finland.

Thanks!

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the information/ad.
Well, how to formulate my opinion/comment?.. Even if I'm a fan and BTW currently jobless, I won't buy it maybe because I'm not crazy enough as a fan but I prefer the money goes directly to the artitst by buying her cd and other stuffs.
Don't take it wrong...
Good week-end.
WS
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

SeattleNextDoor
Cool Stranger

Postby SeattleNextDoor » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:26 am

Walking Stranger wrote:Hi,
Thanks for the information/ad.
Well, how to formulate my opinion/comment?.. Even if I'm a fan and BTW currently jobless, I won't buy it maybe because I'm not crazy enough as a fan but I prefer the money goes directly to the artitst by buying her cd and other stuffs.
Don't take it wrong...
Good week-end.
WS

Greetings,

No worries at all. The zine is meant for those that still buy magazines and other publications (including those made by fans). With the majority of people reading their articles and such online, doing up a print zine isn't the most sensible thing to do these days.

But, I'm a fan, I'm immensely proud of the interview, and I created the zine as a labor of love. Believe me - no money is being made (I wish I could say differently). But, I understand what you're saying.

Vienna and Michele will be receiving their copies in the next week. Perhaps they can chime in here and let the Forum know what they think of it.

Kind regards,
Mark
E.A.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Thanks Mark for your explanation.
Have a nice week-end !
WS
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

SeattleNextDoor
Cool Stranger

Postby SeattleNextDoor » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:43 am

Sure thing. :)

Mark

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:11 am

Just finished reading the interview. It took me a good 20 minutes to get through; you're not going to something like that with a typical print interview, or even an online one usually.

The big thing I notice in this interview is a lot of meta-analysis going on, which you can pick out once in a while in other interviews as Vienna figures out how to answer a question, but on a much smaller scale, and not in a back-and-forth kind of way that really stands out here.

Topics include: Vienna's school and career paths, and how they cross; the impact of the Asian community on her career; Grandmother Song and family values; the background story for Gravity; recording placements; participation on social networks; why some songs aren't played so much anymore; and plans for down time.

Kudos Mark, and best of luck with everything you're pursuing!

SeattleNextDoor
Cool Stranger

Postby SeattleNextDoor » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:59 pm

Michele wrote:Just finished reading the interview. It took me a good 20 minutes to get through; you're not going to something like that with a typical print interview, or even an online one usually.

The big thing I notice in this interview is a lot of meta-analysis going on, which you can pick out once in a while in other interviews as Vienna figures out how to answer a question, but on a much smaller scale, and not in a back-and-forth kind of way that really stands out here.

Topics include: Vienna's school and career paths, and how they cross; the impact of the Asian community on her career; Grandmother Song and family values; the background story for Gravity; recording placements; participation on social networks; why some songs aren't played so much anymore; and plans for down time.

Kudos Mark, and best of luck with everything you're pursuing!

Hi Michele,

Thank you very much for the run down of the interview and its contents. You did a much better job than I. :)

I've received a few inquiries from others that saw this thread. There are still a few copies left for those that are interested. Again please email me at:

EclecticArtsZine AT gmail DOT com for ordering information.

I appreciate your support Michele!
Mark
Eclectic Arts

SeattleNextDoor
Cool Stranger

Postby SeattleNextDoor » Fri May 06, 2011 10:51 pm

Thank you to all those that ordered copies. I really appreciate the support. There are a few copies left for anyone else that is interested. Just let me know.

Regards,
Mark
Eclectic Arts

Return to “The Cafe”