Student by day, rockstar and/or lecturer by night.

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Student by day, rockstar and/or lecturer by night.

Postby aaparallel » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Intriguing flier on the UMich campus.

Nice interview with a shout-out to the nerdy fans.

I'd say VT's doing pretty well balancing music and saving-the-world duties. :wink:
"Drowning my pain in lemonade. . . Singing along to 'feelin' alright'"

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:21 am

Nice article, it was "sock-o-riffic"! Seems like a long time ago, almost as old as the spaghetti in the tupperware container in my fridge. I really need to throw that out........ I loved the Sock video that Klaorman posted on Youtube. It is a classic and you get to see Vienna Teng blush.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS2yjRe-A9c
Very cute! I won't use her real name here on the forum like they did in the article because I don't want to be kicked around like Dobbie the House Elf on the forum. :lol:
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Ang Mo wrote:I won't use her real name here on the forum like they did in the article because I don't want to be kicked around like Dobbie the House Elf on the forum. :lol:

You can just say, "She Who Must Not Be Named". :lol: On second thought, don't. Seriously, it is odd to see her interviewed about her musical life under her real name. As I mentioned to aaparallel on FB, which I know you avoid, I've wondered if she occasionally wakes up wondering who she is supposed to be that day.
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:16 am

It's really no big deal, even the Stanford paper, back in the day when she began, revealed her real name. I was just fascinated by people on the forum who were so protective of her real name and would jump on those who wrote about it or revealed it here. I thought it reminded me of The Wizard of Oz where the Tin Man gets told by the Wizard,
It's not how much you love others, but by how much others love you
or something to that effect. I know those fans who know her personally seem to be protective in a way of showing how much they care about Vienna or
She who must not be named
:lol: So in a real sense her fandom goes beyond her music, and she is adored as a person as well.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:31 pm

Ang Mo wrote:It's really no big deal, even the Stanford paper, back in the day when she began, revealed her real name. I was just fascinated by people on the forum who were so protective of her real name and would jump on those who wrote about it or revealed it here. I thought it reminded me of The Wizard of Oz where the Tin Man gets told by the Wizard,
It's not how much you love others, but by how much others love you
or something to that effect. I know those fans who know her personally seem to be protective in a way of showing how much they care about Vienna or
She who must not be named
:lol: So in a real sense her fandom goes beyond her music, and she is adored as a person as well.

The back-at-ya Harry Potter reference was meant to show that I, too, see the humor in hiding something that everybody knows anyway. However, as you say, it is a sign of Vienna's fans' loyalty to her as a person that they universally honor her wish to keep her real name unmentioned as much as possible, regardless of the humor involved. :D
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

Return to “The Cafe”