I was holding my breath waiting for someone to post

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Re: I was holding my breath waiting for someone to post

Postby Ang Mo » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:39 am

Hello Walking Stranger! If you are in San Diego and you have already toured the gaslight district or whatever they call it you need to get over to Coronado and walk the beach. That way you will be a Walking Stranger walking on one of the ten most beautiful beaches in the world according to Dr. Beach, who happens to be a Doctor. Long story short, notice the sand at Coronado beach, it actually sparkles. This is caused from the Mica in the sand. The beach has a Pepsodent smile so to speak. They should call it Smiling Sand but my idea was shot down by Dr. Beach.........because he is a doctor. :lol:
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:32 am

Ang Mo wrote: the gaslight district or whatever they call it you need to get over to Coronado and walk the beach.

We will certainly go back in a few days in SD and I will ask about Coronado.
BTW, we got a lot of fun at the Del Mar / San Diego Fair last Friday.
It was the first time my mother and me saw a pigs competition.
It is hot in here and I enjoy discovering new ice-creams :D
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:16 am

Hi stranger!
Are you staying near San Diego most of your trip?
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:35 am

You must see Hotel del Coronado, Walking Stranger. That is where the beach is very pretty. The hotel has a haunted room. They say the ghosts there walk through walls. Ghosts must be insane, why can't they use doorways like the rest of us......
[url]http://www.hoteldel.com/[/url
The hotel is architecturally pleasing, unlike so many other buildings in the United States.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:35 am

You must see Hotel del Coronado, Walking Stranger. That is where the beach is very pretty. The hotel has a haunted room. They say the ghosts there walk through walls. Ghosts must be insane, why can't they use doorways like the rest of us......
http://www.hoteldel.com
The hotel is architecturally pleasing, unlike so many other buildings in the United States.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi !
@Scot: We mostly stay in Murrieta but tomorrow we will probably go back to San Diego for the week-end.
@Ang Mo: Alas, I am not a hi-so person, this hotel is too much for me ;)
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:39 pm

I do not understand the term hi-so so I am not sure what you mean. Anyhow the beach is nice along there and a lot of people like to walk that section of beach.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi,
It's like hi-fi for high fidelity : hi-so for high society.
I was surprised by your ghost story related to the hotel and I asked people around me who said the same as you did.
They said if you have young kids you can ask at any hotel in USA if there were already people who died in the hotel so as to avoid kids crying all the time.
I said in France, from my opinion, people when coming to a hotel would not have this question in mind... it's weird...
Ah, sixth-sense-kids !!

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:28 am

Thanks for defining what that meant, I was puzzled, which is fairly easy for me :D Hope you enjoy your time in San Diego.

Return to “The Cafe”