Hawaii in a joke ...

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger
Posts: 363
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:57 pm

Hawaii in a joke ...

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Here is a wink to Scot :

Life in Jokes by Mariusz Misztal, Wydawnictwa Szkolne i Pedagogiczne,Warszawa, 1990, p. 144 :

Joke 664 :
Waitress : "Hawaii, mister? You must be Hungary?"
Gentleman : "Yes, Siam. And I can't Rumania long either. Venice lunch ready ?"
Waitress : "I'll Russia table. What'll you Havre ? Aix?"
Gentleman : "Whatever's ready. But can't Jamaica cook step on the gas?"
Waitress : "Alaska"
Gentleman : "Don't do me favours. Just put a Cuba sugar in my coffee."
Waitress : "Don't you be Sicily, big boy. Sweden it yourself. I'm only here to Serbia."
Gentleman : "Denmark my check and call the Bosphorus. I hope he'll Kenya. I don't Bolivia know who I am!"
Waitress : "You sure Ararat! Pay your check and scram, Abyssinia!"


- p. 222 :

"How are you mister? You must be hungry?"
"Yes, I'm. And I can't remain long either. When is lunch ready?"
"I'll rush the table. What will you have? Eggs?"
"Whatever's ready. But can't you make the cook step on the gas?"
"I'll ask her"
"Don't do me favours. Just put a cube of sugar in my coffee."
"Don't be silly, big boy. Sweeten if yourself. I'm only here to serve you."
"Then mark my check and call the boss for us. I hope he'll cane you. I don't believe you know who I am"
"You sure are a rat. Pay our check and scram. I'll be seeing you."
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Scot
Tengster
Posts: 1675
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:21 am
Location: Hilo, HI
Contact:

Postby Scot » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:27 pm

We used to play a game as kids - usually on long road trips - that went somethng like:

Who did Cali phone?
I don't know bul I'll ask 'er.

(Who did Califonrnia?
I don't know, but Alaska)

Others: What did Missy sip?
She sipped a mini soda.

What did Della wear?
[You get the idea...]

and on and on ....
;)
s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger
Posts: 363
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:57 pm

Postby Walking Stranger » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:06 pm

I didn't know that there was a song of the states .
So that"s what is on the net :

Oh, what did Tenna-see, boys, what did Tenna-see? (Tennessee)
(Sing three times)
I ask you men, as a personal friend,
What did Tenna-see?

She saw what Arkin-saw, boys, she saw what Arkin-saw. (Arkansas)
(Sing three times)
I'll tell you then, as a personal friend,
She saw what Arkin-saw.

Where has Ora-gone, boys? (Oregon)
She's taking Okla-home, boys. (Oklahoma)
How did Wiscon-sin, boys? (Wisconsin)
She stole a New-brass-key, boys. (Nebraska)
What did Della-ware, boys? (Delaware)
She wore a New Jersey, boys. (New Jersey)
What did Io-weigh, boys? (Iowa)
She weighed a Washing-ton, boys. (Washington)
Where did Ida-hoe, boys? (Idaho)
She hoed in Merry-land, boys. (Maryland)
What did Missy-sip, boys? (Mississippi)
She sipped her Mini-soda, boys. (Minnesota)
What did Connie-cut, boys? (Connecticut)
She cut her shaggy Mane, boys. (Maine)
What did Ohi-owe, boys? (Ohio)
She owed her Taxes, boys, (Texas)
How did Flora-die, boys? (Florida)
She died of Misery, boys. (Missouri)
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Fred
Tengster
Posts: 767
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:55 am
Location: NY metro area

Postby Fred » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Walking Stranger wrote:I didn't know that there was a song of the states .
So that"s what is on the net :

Oh, what did Tenna-see, boys, what did Tenna-see? (Tennessee)
(Sing three times)
I ask you men, as a personal friend,
What did Tenna-see?

She saw what Arkin-saw, boys, she saw what Arkin-saw. (Arkansas)
(Sing three times)
I'll tell you then, as a personal friend,
She saw what Arkin-saw.

Where has Ora-gone, boys? (Oregon)
She's taking Okla-home, boys. (Oklahoma)
How did Wiscon-sin, boys? (Wisconsin)
She stole a New-brass-key, boys. (Nebraska)
What did Della-ware, boys? (Delaware)
She wore a New Jersey, boys. (New Jersey)
What did Io-weigh, boys? (Iowa)
She weighed a Washing-ton, boys. (Washington)
Where did Ida-hoe, boys? (Idaho)
She hoed in Merry-land, boys. (Maryland)
What did Missy-sip, boys? (Mississippi)
She sipped her Mini-soda, boys. (Minnesota)
What did Connie-cut, boys? (Connecticut)
She cut her shaggy Mane, boys. (Maine)
What did Ohi-owe, boys? (Ohio)
She owed her Taxes, boys, (Texas)
How did Flora-die, boys? (Florida)
She died of Misery, boys. (Missouri)

That's an oldie. It goes back further than my childhood.
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger
Posts: 363
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:57 pm

Postby Walking Stranger » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:23 am

Fred wrote:That's an oldie. It goes back further than my childhood.


Yes, indeed. California is not even mentioned above.

Has anyone in the VT forum have this kind of song of the whole states?
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

ben
Getting Stranger
Posts: 353
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:25 am

Re: Hawaii in a joke ...

Postby ben » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:21 am

Walking Stranger wrote:Life in Jokes by Mariusz Misztal, Wydawnictwa Szkolne i Pedagogiczne,Warszawa, 1990, p. 144 :


Was this some sort of a tongue twister to go with the Hawaii jokes?
Always look on the bright side of life.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger
Posts: 363
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:57 pm

Re: Hawaii in a joke ...

Postby Walking Stranger » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:04 am

ben wrote:
Walking Stranger wrote:Life in Jokes by Mariusz Misztal, Wydawnictwa Szkolne i Pedagogiczne,Warszawa, 1990, p. 144 :


Was this some sort of a tongue twister to go with the Hawaii jokes?


What is amazing is that in the babel world of languages, some pronunciation could be hard to imitate, like transcribing phonetically sounds that you have never been used to hear when it's not your mother tongue, and especially when there are a lot of panels of intonation, kind of music you've never heard... like the communications of the whales ;)
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.


Return to “The Cafe”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests