When is Vienna releasing her next album?

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

asteroid
Warm Stranger

When is Vienna releasing her next album?

Postby asteroid » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:01 am

Just curious... Anyone got any clues?
I hope I'll have chance to go to see her by then....
Vienna's volunteer agent on midomi.com

Fred
Tengster

Re: When is Vienna releasing her next album?

Postby Fred » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:30 am

asteroid wrote:Just curious... Anyone got any clues?

She's in graduate school now and music is taking a somewhat lower priority, but she says she has a concept for an album and would like to have it done around the time she gets her degrees, 3 years from now.
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

asteroid
Warm Stranger

Postby asteroid » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:52 am

Fred wrote:She's in graduate school now and music is taking a somewhat lower priority, but she says she has a concept for an album and would like to have it done around the time she gets her degrees, 3 years from now.

Oh, I've been too away from my star! 3 years, is she pursuing a doctor's degree? And what does she major in? Not computer science, I suppose? Ah, and also please tell me which university she is in now. :roll:
Vienna's volunteer agent on midomi.com

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:40 pm

asteroid wrote:
Fred wrote:She's in graduate school now and music is taking a somewhat lower priority, but she says she has a concept for an album and would like to have it done around the time she gets her degrees, 3 years from now.

Oh, I've been too away from my star! 3 years, is she pursuing a doctor's degree? And what does she major in? Not computer science, I suppose? Ah, and also please tell me which university she is in now. :roll:

University of Michigan dual Master's degrees in Business and Natural Resources: http://www.erb.umich.edu/education/masters/mba-ms/

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Postby aaparallel » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:43 pm

This just in: "We are starting plans to do some recording, this coming May. I don’t know yet exactly whether it will covers or random songs I’ve written and co-written with other people the past few years or whether it will actually be a holiday album. That’s one thing we were thinking about."

Sort of reiterating what she said in the interview posted by micro (which i can't seem to find right now, but it's on here somewhere) but also hinting at a possible time frame.
"Drowning my pain in lemonade. . . Singing along to 'feelin' alright'"

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:24 am

aaparallel wrote:

This just in: "We are starting plans to do some recording, this coming May. I don’t know yet exactly whether it will covers or random songs I’ve written and co-written with other people the past few years or whether it will actually be a holiday album. That’s one thing we were thinking about."

Sort of reiterating what she said in the interview posted by micro (which i can't seem to find right now, but it's on here somewhere) but also hinting at a possible time frame.

Well, that's pretty cool. Collections of collaborations, covers, duets, acoustic remakes, etc. are all the hot thing right now, so Vienna's certainly not out there on her own with that idea. Usually these are meant primarily for the faithful, but you never know. Rosanne Cash's The List has been very well received critically, and Carrie Rodriguez' Love and Circumstance may prove to be her breakthrough album. Both are all covers. Obviously Vienna could do a dynamite holiday album too.

terraphim86
Warm Stranger

Postby terraphim86 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:31 am

All I'm going to do is keep praying and PRAYING for a studio version of "Nothing Left for Us to Find."

PLEASE! I need it in my life!

Return to “The Cafe”