Strange Days Indeed.........

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Strange Days Indeed.........

Postby Ang Mo » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:25 am

Things that seem strange or suprising to me.

1. Vienna heading back to University in the State of Michigan. I was suprised because I would have guessed Harvard, Yale, Princeton, or Pepperdine (only because it has a lovely ocean view.) I was wrong yet again. The program she was interested in was at the University of Michigan.

2. This teaparty protest is very strange that I watched on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BikqF-mwdWk
Interesting because nobody has a clue about what they are protesting about and the dude in the red We the People shirt looks strangely identical to the caveman in the Geico commercials.

3. The Hutaree, a Michigan Militia Terrorist Group, with an imaginary Biblical name. Upon hearing the word, I figured it was a bunch of guys dressed in camo, looking like voids with eyes, practicing a little mild voyeursim down at the local Hooters...........

I drank two quarts of water today. I am kind of pleased with that.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:59 pm

U of M is the "Harvard of the Midwest", arguably the best state university in the country (UC Berkeley would give you some strong arguments about that.) And of course this is a very special program.

What would you expect of teabaggers, anyway?

When I spent 4 undergrad years in MI (not at U of M) a long, long time ago, I found Michiganders to be really wonderful people. This militia thing is a lot newer than that (but not just this year--Timothy McVeigh was involved in a Michigan militia group), and I don't know how much it reflects on the state as a whole. Not much, hopefully.
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Keep in mind also that it's not just about ranking or fame (or even lovely ocean views) either... UMich's social entrepreneurship program does sound like a perfect fit for V. Throw in the fact that the program coordinator has been an advocate for her for so long and it's easy to see why V and UMich were meant for each other. :)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:17 am

It's just hard to equate her with being a Wolverine :lol:

I have no doubt she will be there top student and of course the best musician as well.

Does it get cold there? I bet it does. Windy too I can imagine. I just don't want her swimming in Lake Michigan. I was watching River Monsters and the guy talked about Bull Shark attacks in Lake Michigan. Apparently they can survive in fresh water and know how to put on long underwear in cold water............anyway the show last night was about Gunches which made me think about a man eating Gunch that starts its assualt around Christmas time. If I wrote about it I could call the script, The Gunch that stole Christmas

I need to get some sleep...........
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:13 pm

Yeah it gets cold in MI, but Ann Arbor is probably better than East Lansing, where we had at least a week every winter when the *high* was around -20F every day. And in the summertime it gets nasty hot without the sea effect we coastal people take for granted. Nevermind the Upper Peninsula. From a climate point of view Vienna can also be glad she's not at the other contender for "Harvard of the Midwest", i.e., U of Wisconsin at Madison. Nobody ever moved to the Upper Midwest for the climate.

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:36 am

A friend tells me Dominican University in San Rafael has the top Green MBA program in the country. Maybe it's not too late for Vienna to change her mind and come back to the Bay Area? :wink:

ben
Getting Stranger

Postby ben » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:02 am

I just noticed for the first time that I have achieve a rank of "Getting Stranger" here.

...strange days indeed.

Hi ya all! :lol:
Always look on the bright side of life.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:02 pm

I just noticed for the first time that I have achieve a rank of "Getting Stranger" here

As long as you still have that spinning girl avatar all will be well. It has been a long time it seems since you have posted. Good to have you back!

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:50 pm

ben wrote:I just noticed for the first time that I have achieve a rank of "Getting Stranger" here.

...strange days indeed.

Hi ya all! :lol:

Hi, Ben!
Yep, noticed that's my status, too.
They're wrong, though. I'm probably already about as strange as I'm going to get. (Hope so, anyway.)

ben
Getting Stranger

Postby ben » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:30 am

Good to be back Chairman, my spinning girl sure is a sunshine, eh? :D
And hi there Fred.

Technology can really get stranger and stranger as it moves forward. Our company's computer network had been having problems before I moved in. We fixed it last Friday, now we have new problems. Thing used to be so much easier, just plug in a few cables and we're done. Ah well, more work to do...

Over the local forum that I frequent at, we had these "Interesting/Funny Videos". Basically, people post videos of ads or home-made funny videos. But the past weeks, people are posting videos of girl-fights. Literally real life situations of girls going at each other with punches and kicks, scratching and hair-pulling. And these were taken from Facebook. I guess folks are starting to become strange as they find these stuffs interesting and funny.
Always look on the bright side of life.

Return to “The Cafe”