The Independent Music Awards (IMA) Results

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Folkfan
Warm Stranger

The Independent Music Awards (IMA) Results

Postby Folkfan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:18 am

It appears that Michael Zapruder took the award for best album in the folk singer/songwriter category for this year, as the results were posted on January 26th.
It's an honor for Vienna to be considered for this award and I'll bet she'll have more of her music nominated in the future.
There is still lots of time to vote for VT for the Vox Pop Jukebox, as that award will not be decided upon until June 25, 2010.

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:51 am

Ah, that's too bad! :( I cast my vote for the vox populi award back when Vienna was first nominated. I guess I had the dates mixed up; I thought the awards themselves were in June, not just the v.p. Anyway, it would be nice if she could win that one; time will tell. :?
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

Folkfan
Warm Stranger

Postby Folkfan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:57 am

Fred said, " I cast my vote for the vox populi award back when Vienna was first nominated. "

Has anyone tried to cast a second vote? I didn't want to have Vienna win by unfairly stuffing the ballot box, but I suspect this occurs in some contests of this nature. I think the fact Vienna is putting out such great music, that it's just a matter of time until her music is heard by the right person, at the right time that provides the "tipping point" for her to get that big break. Vienna's doing so much of that on her own.
In the meantime, I'm sure all of us Tengsters can extend a little deeper in our network of contacts and call upon that friend's friend that knows a friend that works at the Late Show, or Oprah, or the NY Times to send in a recommendation, or letter to the music editor, or write another blog about VT's music, or help with street team promotion.

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Postby aaparallel » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:18 am

Folkfan wrote:Fred said, " I cast my vote for the vox populi award back when Vienna was first nominated. "

Has anyone tried to cast a second vote? I didn't want to have Vienna win by unfairly stuffing the ballot box, but I suspect this occurs in some contests of this nature. I think the fact Vienna is putting out such great music, that it's just a matter of time until her music is heard by the right person, at the right time that provides the "tipping point" for her to get that big break. Vienna's doing so much of that on her own.
In the meantime, I'm sure all of us Tengsters can extend a little deeper in our network of contacts and call upon that friend's friend that knows a friend that works at the Late Show, or Oprah, or the NY Times to send in a recommendation, or letter to the music editor, or write another blog about VT's music, or help with street team promotion.

It won't let you cast another vote on the same account. Not that I tried; came back to the page to see if there's a poll/chart of some sort that shows current standings and stuff. :lol:

She should be on Letterman again. People's minds will be blown.
"Drowning my pain in lemonade. . . Singing along to 'feelin' alright'"

Folkfan
Warm Stranger

Postby Folkfan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:09 am

Aaparallel wrote:

I agree! Or the Tonight Show, Oprah, or Ellen or the View, or 60 Minutes???!!! Vienna would blow those, less-talented-but-on-a-major-label-people away....So what can we do about that? Hey fans....get out your networking skills now!!

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Postby aaparallel » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:20 am

Folkfan wrote:Aaparallel wrote:

I agree! Or the Tonight Show, Oprah, or Ellen or the View, or 60 Minutes???!!! Vienna would blow those, less-talented-but-on-a-major-label-people away....So what can we do about that? Hey fans....get out your networking skills now!!

I totally want to see Vienna on Ellen. She's been looking for performers for the show. (#GetOnEllen on Twitter) and Ari Hest has been telling fans to suggest him on Twitter. Should we suggest Vienna?

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:00 am

aaparallel wrote:Should we suggest Vienna?

Ok, why not? I just did, linking the Gravity vid. Idea: if others follow, link *other* vids. Good performance vids of Recessional, City Hall, Antebellum...

Kalenabear
Warm Stranger

Postby Kalenabear » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:48 am

aaparallel wrote:
Folkfan wrote:Aaparallel wrote:

I totally want to see Vienna on Ellen. She's been looking for performers for the show. (#GetOnEllen on Twitter) and Ari Hest has been telling fans to suggest him on Twitter. Should we suggest Vienna?

Yeah, let's do it!! :) I could see her on any of those shows. I mean, Kaki King, the Spring Standards...a lot of Vienna's good friends in the indie circles have been on Conan and Letterman, too. I personally want to see Vienna on Letterman again to show him & his band how much she has grown since her Waking Hour days.

Yes, twitter. Now, I'm not encouraging that we spam these hosts walls...*cough*...but let's strongly suggest Vienna to them via twitter. 8) Hm, I also know some people in the industry...who know higher people that could actually have some say in getting people on the shows, hah.

The only downside if it works? We won't get our cozy little rooms with song requests and singalongs. :(

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Postby aaparallel » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:22 am

Kalenabear wrote:The only downside if it works? We won't get our cozy little rooms with song requests and singalongs. :(

I don't think that's ever going to change. I mean, she's been on Letterman. I think we can trust that she keeps us fans in mind and save some intimate shows for us. :D

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:51 pm

aaparallel wrote:I totally want to see Vienna on Ellen. She's been looking for performers for the show. (#GetOnEllen on Twitter) and Ari Hest has been telling fans to suggest him on Twitter. Should we suggest Vienna?

V's MySpace account got a friend request from The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Hope it means something :D but the weird thing is, the status says she's too busy to keep up with the MySpace. So I dunno...

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

The Vox Populi Poll ends tonight (6/8/10) 11:59PM EST!

Postby aaparallel » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:21 pm

If you haven't already, give Inland Territory 5 Stars!

Fred
Tengster

Re: The Vox Populi Poll ends tonight (6/8/10) 11:59PM EST!

Postby Fred » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:31 am

aaparallel wrote:If you haven't already, give Inland Territory 5 Stars!

I already did, but thanks for bumping this up! Everybody else, please, by (I assume) midnight! Hurry!

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

INLAND TERRITORY wins vox populi vote!

Postby aaparallel » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:45 am

:D Congrats, Vienna and Alex! Well done, everyone!

Fred
Tengster

Re: INLAND TERRITORY wins vox populi vote!

Postby Fred » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:17 pm

aaparallel wrote::D Congrats, Vienna and Alex! Well done, everyone!

Wow, that's awesome! Congratulations!

Return to “The Cafe”