Songwriters' workshop

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Fred
Tengster

Songwriters' workshop

Postby Fred » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:17 am

Interesting article on the workshop Vienna attended last week: http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20100128/CURR04/301289997. Among other things, it mentioned that the guitarist Adam Levy was there. I saw him playing backup for Ani DiFranco's opening act last fall, and a couple of songs backing Ani, too. He was in the audience not far from me later, and Ani thanked him from the stage. He's fundamentally a jazzman, apparently (backed up Norah Jones for years), and his electric lead made a major contrast with Ani's slashing rock rhythm playing. I think he'd sound good playing with Vienna.
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Re: Songwriters' workshop

Postby aaparallel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Fred wrote:Interesting article on the workshop Vienna attended last week: http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20100128/CURR04/301289997. Among other things, it mentioned that the guitarist Adam Levy was there. I saw him playing backup for Ani DiFranco's opening act last fall, and a couple of songs backing Ani, too. He was in the audience not far from me later, and Ani thanked him from the stage. He's fundamentally a jazzman, apparently (backed up Norah Jones for years), and his electric lead made a major contrast with Ani's slashing rock rhythm playing. I think he'd sound good playing with Vienna.

Thanks for posting! SO excited about this new Amber Rubarth-Vienna Teng song. Soooo glad that the new songs are being recorded!
"Drowning my pain in lemonade. . . Singing along to 'feelin' alright'"

Return to “The Cafe”