Why the USA is in such deep trouble.

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Why the USA is in such deep trouble.

Postby Ang Mo » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:26 am

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/01/fox-leads-for-trust.html

When Foxs News is considered the most trusted network it scares me. Fox News is like the WWF, it's fake.

I took my own poll and the good news is that Vienna Teng is the most trusted musician.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:56 pm

Must admit that I simply don't watch television news much anymore. When "Headline News" became HLN and started running talking heads (Nancy Grace, et al) as their "news"..... well, I lost interest. Now whenever I do tune in briefly it seems I must have too many health issues (i.e. there's nothing but prescription drug ads!). Watching TV news generally just makes me feel sick! So I pretty much stay away....
Chris

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:30 pm

Just quotations :

"Love All the People" - Bill Hicks
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bill_Hicks

I have this feeling man, 'cause you know, it's just a handful of people who run everything, you know … that's true, it's provable. It's not … I'm not a fucking conspiracy nut, it's provable. A handful, a very small elite, run and own these corporations, which include the mainstream media. I have this feeling that whœver is elected president, like Clinton was, no matter what you promise on the campaign trail - blah, blah, blah – when you win, you go into this smoke-filled room with the twelve industrialist capitalist scum-fucks who got you in there. And you're in this smoky room, and this little film screen comes down … and a big guy with a cigar gœs, "Roll the film." And it's a shot of the Kennedy assassination from an angle you've never seen before … that looks suspiciously like it's from the grassy knoll. And then the screen gœs up and the lights come up, and they go to the new president, "Any questions?" "Er, just what my agenda is." "First we bomb Baghdad." "You got it …"

Plus this link :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4GGM-fpWVs

"Your Pain Body is very Seductive" - Eckhart Tolle - The Flowering of Consciousness, March 5th 2001
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aUjLiLiriA

" [...] There are few people in a few offices around big cities. And they choose what they give you, feed you as news. They choose, they... this matters, this is important, we are going to feed them, and this and that and that... And they...what they choose is an expression of their state of consciousness. And of them, the pain body is an export and part of their state of consciousness.
So what you watch is not the, actually, the world news, it's what a few people who embody a particular state of consciousness and usually is not the new one....choose as significant. And you can imagine what they choose and you know what they choose.
There's a lot of happenings that they wouldn't choose.[...] "

Enjoy !
WS
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:01 pm

The Bill Hicks quote reminds me of Metal Gear Solid...

/geek

marathonmark
Cool Stranger

Postby marathonmark » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:49 am

or in the words of Vienna...

"and with each passing day, the stories we say draw us tighter into our addiction..."

of course, we can also tell a new and different story that will transform our lives... :)

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:47 am

TV news sold out its journalistic heritage decades ago. Fox "News" is just one recent manifestation. Ed Murrow must be turning over in his grave. Cronkite lived to see it happen.
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:04 pm

tanthalas wrote:The Bill Hicks quote reminds me of Metal Gear Solid...

/geek

Well, some common and non-geeky people said Bill Hicks is a version of Noam Chomsky with a d...
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Return to “The Cafe”