Heard "Harbor" at the grocery store

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:27 am

Heard "White Light" while at Baker's Square for dinner tonight with a couple of friends. :D
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."

Reileen van Kaile
http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

Kwon2m
Cool Stranger

Postby Kwon2m » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:17 am

A few weeks ago, I was out in Pennsylvania on business and was shopping in a Giant store one evening. What did I hear but Vienna's "Harbor"! Low and behold there was VT and her Nord playing the deli section! Well no, not really, it was just over the store's speaker system, but one never knows where Vienna might turn up. :wink:
Anyway, it was great to hear one of her songs somewhere in a public place. Today the supermarkets, tomorrow the world. Go VT!

John

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:57 am

Still waiting. I noticed they played "Year of the Cat" by Al Stewart each of the last 2 times I was in the King Kullen. That's just weird, or it's a short rotation.
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

Kalenabear
Warm Stranger

Postby Kalenabear » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:16 am

I was at my local CVS pharmacy tonight and they played "White Light"! "Hey...wait...this sounds so fami-- whoa! Vienna!" Funny bit: Toad the Wet Sprocket came on after Vienna's song. :p

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:52 pm

Last Sunday morning, out for breakfast near Concord, NC, at a Bob Evans restaurant..... as we were leaving, "White Light" came on the muzak system. I had to linger a bit longer in the entranceway door, as I couldn't walk out on Vienna! :D
Chris

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:30 pm

Kalenabear wrote:I was at my local CVS pharmacy tonight and they played "White Light"! "Hey...wait...this sounds so fami-- whoa! Vienna!" Funny bit: Toad the Wet Sprocket came on after Vienna's song. :p

Gotta hang out at the CVS more. (Now, there's a depressing thought. ;) )

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:01 am

Heard "White Light" again at Kohl's a few days ago and pointed it out to my mom. :D

Reileen van Kaile

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Reileen wrote:Heard "White Light" again at Kohl's a few days ago and pointed it out to my mom. :D

No luck, no luck. I was at Kohl's yesterday (really!) and listened (!). No Vienna. bought a bunch of summer shirts, tho.

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:39 am

Went to CVS tonight to buy the daughter unit some candy and an iTunes giftcard for Easter. (No, she doesn't listen to Vienna, or any other singer-songwriters. She listens to metal, which she calls "rock".) Listened hard. No Vienna. Heard Mandolin Rain by Bruce Hornsby and the Range, which I haven't heard (at least, consciously) probably since the last time I played their CD back in the 80's, and that was nice, but no Vienna. The quest continues. I'll have to go back. ;)

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:49 am

I haven't had any luck at CVS either. I go there very rarely though, so I need to come up with an excuse to be there more often. Baskin-Robbins being right across from it is a good excuse.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:49 am

I heard "Harbor" played in Albertson's grocery store. Why the heck did it take them so long? It was a surreal moment and kind of cool actually. Made my small shopping errand a little more enjoyable.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

argos
Cool Stranger

Postby argos » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:49 pm

Heard "Lullabye for a Stormy Night" playing at a Walgreens in Reston, VA today! I was about to leave but purposely wandered around the aisles a few more minutes until the song was over.

Also caught "White Light" at Trader Joe's in the bay area a couple of months ago.
Last edited by argos on Mon May 03, 2010 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Forgot to post about it here, but a week or so go I heard "White Light" at the China Buffet place near my house.

Reileen van Kaile

Kwon2m
Cool Stranger

Postby Kwon2m » Mon May 03, 2010 4:52 am

Hey, a few weeks back, I was out in Pennsylvania on business and was doing some shopping in a Giant supermarket one evening. Lo and behold, what did I hear shortly after entering the store, but "Harbor". Stopped me right in my tracks. First time I'd ever heard one of Vienna's songs in a public place. :D

micro
Hot Stranger

Postby micro » Thu May 13, 2010 3:07 am

Harbor heard at the Giant supermarket, unfortunately the PA system was unusually crappy and you couldn't appreciate the subtle greatness of Vienna's music.

Return to “The Cafe”