Vienna's album titles

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

ctakim
Warm Stranger

Postby ctakim » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:52 pm

So I have a question. Is there a common theme to Vienna's selection of titles to her CDs (Waking Hour and Warm Strangers)? Will future releases be two words with the first starting with the letter "W"?

If so, what would be some suggestions we can provide to help Vienna ;)?

Weird Science? (that has been used)
What's Up? or Whaassup? (is that one, two or three words?)
Whacky melodies? (not deep enough)
Welcome times?
Woeful stories?
Wandering thoughts?
Wasteful moments?
Wistful thinking?
Wonderful friends?
Wisdom's pearls?

None of the above are copyrighted!

ctakim

Solis

Postby Solis » Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:05 pm

I don't know if there's really a pattern to her album titles. Two albums isn't enough to really make a definitive pattern. My thoughts were that "Waking Hour" was a good title for a debut as American began to awaken to Vienna's presense in the music industry and take notice, or that Vienna herself awakened from her dreams of being a singer to embracing it in real life. Warm Strangers gives me the impression of intimacy, like there's a connection between the strangers but no real knowledge of the other person, which fits for a sophomore album. People know her through the first album, and they're connected through the music and the feelings it produces but they only have a passing knowledge of who she really is.

Oh, and titles cannot be copyrighted. You can have anything as a title.

gideni
Cool Stranger

Postby gideni » Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:38 pm

I agree with Solis...
But, following ctakim I'd suggest... War (and) Peace.
Giancarlo

jim
Cool Stranger

Postby jim » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:43 am

Wonderous Stories

Oh, wait, that's a Yes song.

joe_mate
Cool Stranger

Postby joe_mate » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:16 am

Wind Chimes
<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>~ joe_mate</span></span>

ctakim
Warm Stranger

Postby ctakim » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:11 am

Wind chimes! Nice one 'mate.

ctakim

CrazyOne
Warm Stranger

Postby CrazyOne » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:48 am

Good one ctakim! That made me laugh. :)

Pretty funny, let's see, I like Wandering Thoughts, but there is a negative connotation there for some people.

Need more W words. The second word is easier. W is adjective, second word is noun.

Just for fun, though. This is all too contrived. ;) I think if I were the artist in question and read this thread, I would purposely *not* name my third album this way. :P
"We in the back are all agreed that your theory is crazy. But what divides us is whether your theory is crazy enough!" --Niels Bohr

joe_mate
Cool Stranger

Postby joe_mate » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:30 pm

ctakim wrote: Wind chimes! Nice one 'mate.

ctakim

Thanks.

Wandering Thoughts is very good too (especially after a long road tour).

;)
<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>~ joe_mate</span></span>

Steve J
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve J » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:26 am

This is not very original, but "Warm Memories" would be a great title SOMEday. Although we were all once strangers to Vienna, and she to us, the status of stranger quickly seems to fade after one interaction with her, after one performance by her, or even after only listening to a few of her songs. I think we all take away memories that have a certain and clear warmth within them. BUT, as a title it does sound a little like an ending to things, so not time for it yet in these early days. She can use that one in about 50 years when she is ready to move more into other fields. Vienna, in 50 years, send me a quarter and the name is yours... ha.....
;)
Loyal fan/groupie/friend/ETC. of Vienna Teng, Kyler England & Taylor Roberts Music (Now "Glorydive").

Steve J
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve J » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:26 am

This is not very original, but "Warm Memories" would be a great title SOMEday. Although we were all once strangers to Vienna, and she to us, the status of stranger quickly seems to fade after one interaction with her, after one performance by her, or even after only listening to a few of her songs. I think we all take away memories that have a certain and clear warmth within them. BUT, as a title it does sound a little like an ending to things, so not time for it yet in these early days. She can use that one in about 50 years when she is ready to move more into other fields. Vienna, in 50 years, send me a quarter and the name is yours... ha.....
;)
Loyal fan/groupie/friend/ETC. of Vienna Teng, Kyler England & Taylor Roberts Music (Now "Glorydive").

wolf
Cool Stranger

Postby wolf » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:43 pm

ctakim wrote: Wasteful moments?

Depending on the material I kind of like that one, not only does it make you wonder but it kind of has a similar feeling to the other two. Then again you could go with What's up or Wacky Stories too. B)

Return to “The Cafe”