The Dress from the "Gravity" Video

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

jessbussert
Howdy, Stranger!

The Dress from the "Gravity" Video

Postby jessbussert » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Hey all,

I've read the posts about the beautiful dress from the "Gravity" video coming from a second-hand shop. I'm still dreaming about it, and since I'm a persistent sort of cuss I thought I'd ask here if anyone (Vienna?) had any more info about it? I'd love the name of the designer, or even a bunch of photos so I might hopefully be able to make one of my own.

Yeah, I know it's all a long shot, but some things are worth the effort.

Hugs,
Jessica

FatMonsterFilms
Howdy, Stranger!

The gown from the Gravity video

Postby FatMonsterFilms » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:01 pm

The gown Vienna wore in the Gravity video was created especially for it. We worked with a wardrobe designer in Los Angeles (Stacey Rayburn) and she located Susan Whitfield Jarrett, who makes historical clothing in Chattanooga, TN. Susan's very cool website is "Maggie May's Historic Clothing" at www.maggiemayfashions.com.

Vienna gave her measurements to Stacey and Susan Fed-Exed the dress to us just in time for us to fly it with us to Whidbey Island where we met Vienna. Fortunately, it fit without any need for alterations.

I believe we still have the dress hanging somewhere and I can take some photos of it for you if you still are interested. At some point I suppose we should put the costume on eBay so a fan could have it.

Mark Johnson
Fat Monster Films

p.s., I happened to be in the Midwest last week and was able to catch Vienna's show in Lawrence, Kansas where I got to say "hi" to her for the first time since we shot the video. She was gracious enough to give a "shout out" to Fat Monster Films after she played "Gravity" and it reminded me all over again how much fun we had working with her.

cmooreNC
Tengster

Re: The gown from the Gravity video

Postby cmooreNC » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:08 pm

FatMonsterFilms wrote:The gown Vienna wore in the Gravity video was created especially for it. We worked with a wardrobe designer in Los Angeles (Stacey Rayburn) and she located Susan Whitfield Jarrett, who makes historical clothing in Chattanooga, TN. Susan's very cool website is "Maggie May's Historic Clothing" at www.maggiemayfashions.com.

Vienna gave her measurements to Stacey and Susan Fed-Exed the dress to us just in time for us to fly it with us to Whidbey Island where we met Vienna. Fortunately, it fit without any need for alterations.

I believe we still have the dress hanging somewhere and I can take some photos of it for you if you still are interested. At some point I suppose we should put the costume on eBay so a fan could have it.

Mark Johnson
Fat Monster Films

p.s., I happened to be in the Midwest last week and was able to catch Vienna's show in Lawrence, Kansas where I got to say "hi" to her for the first time since we shot the video. She was gracious enough to give a "shout out" to Fat Monster Films after she played "Gravity" and it reminded me all over again how much fun we had working with her.

Excellent, Mark. Thanks for the update! Very glad you got to see Vienna again recently. :D
Chris

Return to “The Cafe”