Pandora

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Pandora

Postby roofboy179 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:54 pm

Pandora.com is basically awesome. Just thought i'd say that. Also, i just heard Antebellum on it, and it was the first time i'd heard anything from IT on it.

Dunno if there's alreeady a topic for this, btu i couldnt find one, so i made one ;)

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:52 am

I listen to Pandora, Slacker and Last.fm and have heard Vienna on all three. Plus, the more of us who request her, the more they'll pay attention to what's good!

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:10 am

I originally found Vienna's music on Pandora (Lullaby for a Stormy Night). So did other people who have posted here and even one I met at a show. I sent Pandora a thank-you for that, and they sent me a t-shirt! Another good place to encounter Vienna's music online: Radio Paradise. This (unlike Pandora) is an actual online radio station--not user-programmed. The couple who run it apparently really like Vienna's music; she gets played a lot. (I've told this yarn before, but I found Vienna's music in a Tori Amos-related song search on Pandora in which I also discovered Charlotte Martin, Regina Spektor right before she hit it big, and about a half-dozen other otherwise-unheard piano-playing female singer-songwriters of quality. It's a good site.)

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Postby aaparallel » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:31 pm

Listening to "The Last Snowfall" on Pandora right now! Makes me happy. :D

The Paper Raincoat radio is excellent, by the way.
"Drowning my pain in lemonade. . . Singing along to 'feelin' alright'"

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:50 pm

Fred wrote: Regina Spektor right before she hit it big

Regina's always been big to me. I realized one day that the song i was hearing on the radio everywhere was actually by her. But i have no idea when she 'hit it big'. Im guessing Post-'Soviet Kitsch', Pre-'Begin To Hope'. The only point of the response is to ask when she did hit it big.

ANd i love her :) 'Far' is amazing.

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:16 pm

roofboy179 wrote:
Fred wrote: Regina Spektor right before she hit it big

Regina's always been big to me. I realized one day that the song i was hearing on the radio everywhere was actually by her. But i have no idea when she 'hit it big'. Im guessing Post-'Soviet Kitsch', Pre-'Begin To Hope'. The only point of the response is to ask when she did hit it big.

ANd i love her :) 'Far' is amazing.

I don't think she got any serious airplay around here until Begin to Hope. Could be wrong but that's my impression.

Return to “The Cafe”