Highroad Show and question re instruments used

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

oliver
Howdy, Stranger!

Highroad Show and question re instruments used

Postby oliver » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:49 pm

Hi Vienna, Alex and all,

just discovered Vienna and trio by luckily deciding to visit highroad ballroom in late Aug on the first night of our NYC trip - just looked at the bluenote site and the little video before and was excited after the first bars of music at the highroad. At that point in time we had 1000 kilometer by car, 8 hours flight and 24 hours w/o sleep in our bodies. aircon was freezing cold (note, we are Europeans - there a concert has to be muggy, hot, humid etc) ;-) but a great and special night which we literally will never forget. My wife was so tired but we almost made it to the end ;-) The trio fascinated us (in all fairness Madi Diaz did so as well!)!

Thank you!

As pianist I am interested in which looper (and effects) Vienna used, e.g. when doing "the last snowfall".
And, how is Alex's "chair" called? Cool sound Alex and the engineer produced (and cool patterns as well).

thanks for replies in advance!

cheers,
oliver

p.s. I was neither the guy with the snare nor with the duck ;-)

oliver
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby oliver » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:03 pm

okay... one thing I found myself...

Electro-Harmonix 2880

micro
Hot Stranger

Postby micro » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:12 pm

Vienna just so happens to have talked about this here in answering the latest Q&A session.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:23 am

Welcome, Oliver!

Alex's "chair" is sometimes called "the box" and sometimes something else much more creative and interesting which my mind can't quite recall at the moment. Chairman, more DIet Coke, perhaps? Or for me, maybe a DP will do.

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:05 pm

Scot wrote:Alex's "chair" is sometimes called "the box" and sometimes something else much more creative and interesting

Often referred to as a "cajon", but of course that's just Spanish for "box"!

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:16 am

Steve wrote:
Scot wrote:Alex's "chair" is sometimes called "the box" and sometimes something else much more creative and interesting

Often referred to as a "cajon", but of course that's just Spanish for "box"!

True, but I was thinking it was something along the lines of the incredible box of sound, or something.... :)

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Return to “The Cafe”