"Selling Vienna"

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Folkfan
Warm Stranger

"Selling Vienna"

Postby Folkfan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:43 am

I found this auction item on Ebay. I guess it was inevitable, but does anyone else have a problem with this besides me?????

VIENNA TENG autographed this 8” by 10” photo in person. Using black sharpie, she signed her name at a concert venue for me. Upon request, the auction winner will receive a Certificate of Authenticity (issued by me) detailing signing information.
Note the picture that I am displaying which shows Vienna at the venue after she signed for me. The buyer will receive the autographed 8x10 photo, but will not receive a copy of this picture (it’s for informational purposes only). However, if you want the 4" by 6" photo (“property of nlefk” will be removed), price is an additional $3.35.

Note the expression used..."Vienna Signed her name at a concert venue for me".......not.."Vienna signed her name, so that I could sell it!!! I know there are autograph hounds that simply do it for the money. I guess it's good to see Vienna's autograph($28.50) is priced higher than Sonya Kitchell's($16.99) or Heidi Newfield($27.50)(who the heck is she??)

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:20 am

I'll try to remain polite...and the following statement is only a point of view expressed ...
So, why not go to her show and have her sign a cd or two after the live show ?
That would be more natural, less superficial, more authentic and genuine.
Plus the good vibrations of the meeting would be printed in the material people got in their hands during their own personal experience and get pictures with her.
If some VT forumites or future VT fans could not go because of geographical distance or some other reasons, then why not just wait either someone give you a gift with a VT signature on one of her cds for example or just go on listening to her live shows audio recording - like in archive.org for free - or just go on listening to VT cds.
We sadly sell water, the air, the sun, the voice, the image knowing that everything will be like ashes to ashes ....
[EDIT : ... and by the way sell human intelligence too... ]
Last edited by Walking Stranger on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:27 pm

I won't judge without more info. I'd like to be charitable: maybe a fan really needs money in these hard times. OTOH, if this is on an e-bay autograph store site, nevermind.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:22 pm

Sorry if I hurt someone with my "barking-monster" moment ...
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Linus
Cool Stranger

Postby Linus » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:06 pm

There are offers like that on german ebay too. Seems to be some kind of an autograph trader, who´s making his money with singed stuff.

I don´t like the idea, i wouldn´t EVER sell my first-signed-copy-of-Inland-Territory-in-the-world (YEAH!), or any of the other signed CDs/posters i own.

Found another offer by a private seller for an recording of these year´s VT concert in Bremen as a double-cd for €24.99 (already sold some of them), which i highly doubt being authorized (correct me if i´m wrong). If someone wants the link, i can PM it or search it on ebay.de, i don´t want to post it here.

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:30 am

Linus wrote:Found another offer by a private seller for an recording of these year´s VT concert in Bremen as a double-cd for €24.99 (already sold some of them)...

That I WILL judge without more info: it's reprehensible. Sue.

Folkfan
Warm Stranger

Postby Folkfan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:10 am

if this is on an e-bay autograph store site,

Yes, Fred....it was an ebay autograph store selling VT's 8x10 color glossy. Maybe Vienna can just beat the collectors at their own game and auction off her signature, or better yet, maybe she can charge for it, you know...the way old baseball players do that at baseball card shows!(I am totally kidding about this). I guess that's the price of fame.......$28.50, to be exact. Any other ideas?

Found another offer by a private seller for an recording of these year´s VT concert in Bremen as a double-cd for €24.99

Now that's really wrong......and illegal! Hopefully that guy can be shut down, maybe with a little help from the legal department at Rounder Records?

Return to “The Cafe”