Moderator: Ginny

connor35
Cool Stranger

Live album rumor

Postby connor35 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:24 pm

Started by Vienna herself in her July 13 tweet:

http://twitter.com/viennateng/

?

Since Vienna started it it seems more like an idea than a rumor.

We're lucky to have so many 'live albums' on archive.org.

Michele
Strange

Re: Live album rumor

Postby Michele » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:44 pm

connor35 wrote:?

Since Vienna started it it seems more like an idea than a rumor.

I think she's referencing a message Alex sent to his mailing list, when he said about a solo set he was doing:

There is also a rumor (started by me) that my good friend Vienna Teng might be sitting in with me if she gets back from the West Coast in time...

Dunno if that is in reference to something else, or just an in-joke.

Anyway, hope to talk to her soon about how this affects distribution policy for the upcoming tour and such.

Oh, and excited, duh :lol:

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:02 am

Live album might be challenging and fun at the same time. I'm all for it.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:10 pm

Hope it's both originals and covers. She's got so much great material, a live *double* album would be entirely possible, without any low spots. I know we can listen on the archives; I'm thinking of something to expand her off-net audience. You can bet I'd be requesting radio plays of Idioteque.

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:19 pm

Fred wrote:Hope it's both originals and covers. She's got so much great material, a live *double* album would be entirely possible, without any low spots. I know we can listen on the archives; I'm thinking of something to expand her off-net audience. You can bet I'd be requesting radio plays of Idioteque.

My statement only makes sense in the context of a live compilation, as opposed to a recorded concert (where there would naturally be covers). Of course, she could do either.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:04 am

Fred wrote:Hope it's both originals and covers. She's got so much great material, a live *double* album would be entirely possible, without any low spots. I know we can listen on the archives; I'm thinking of something to expand her off-net audience. You can bet I'd be requesting radio plays of Idioteque.

And B-Sides. Itd be great to have a good live recording of Signal Fire and Rain In England, but i'd also love to hear the songs that didnt make it onto the new album (House and Olive Tree, i believe.)

micro
Hot Stranger

Postby micro » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:49 pm

continuing the rumor: folks in NYC and SF be on the lookout :wink:

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:53 am

viennateng Aaand we're off! RT @viennateng_news LIVE ALBUM RECORDING! NYC: Dec 3 @ Joe's Pub, SF: Dec 20 @ The Independent. http://bit.ly/10cus4 #fb

:)

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:03 am

<sigh> Can't make it. Spouse out of town, daughter needs me at home. Anyway, will see Vienna w/Over the Rhine 2 days later, so I guess that will have to do. :?

Return to “The Cafe”