A very good year; thank you

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Fred
Tengster

A very good year; thank you

Postby Fred » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:45 am

Just realized that it's been precisely a year since I signed on to this forum. Finding Vienna's music, seeing her perform live a couple of times, and chatting with you all about music, Vienna's and otherwise, has enriched my life.

As Vienna wrote in her journal about a Marillon song, "Was this the meaning the band was trying to convey in making this song? Probably not. Once it came to live with me it became something new, something other than what its creators intended. But the truth at the core of it, pulsing through the notes, is the same. This is why I love music. This is what I hope my own music will do for someone else."

It most assuredly has.

Thanks to you all, and see you around the forum. :D

Folkfan
Warm Stranger

Postby Folkfan » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:23 pm

Hello Fred....a happy anniversary to you. I'm headed up to the Newburyport show tonight and realized it's two years since I last saw VT perform at this venue(I swear it was only yesterday).....
In one of VT's latest interviews, she talks about "Harbor" and how it may have helped bring a Father back in touch with his runaway daughter. That is the magic of music, where the songwriter creates and the listener breathes life into the song. Good luck with your musical pursuits. I hope to see you at one of the NY shows.

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:15 am

Hi, Folkfan!
I hope the Newburyport show is great. Vienna's in NY twice next week but my wife is unable to go to either for work-related reasons & my music-appreciating friends are on vacation. I'm half tempted to go to the Larchmont show on Wednesday by myself, assuming there are still tickets. (Presumably, the Watercolor Cafe has bar seating, or maybe standing room, for solos.) It's been, what, 3 months since my last show? Her NYC show in August is another possibility. We'll see.
Take care.

Folkfan
Warm Stranger

Postby Folkfan » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Hi, Folkfan!
I hope the Newburyport show is great. Vienna's in NY twice next week but my wife is unable to go to either for work-related reasons & my music-appreciating friends are on vacation. I'm half tempted to go to the Larchmont show on Wednesday by myself, assuming there are still tickets. (Presumably, the Watercolor Cafe has bar seating, or maybe standing room, for solos.) It's been, what, 3 months since my last show? Her NYC show in August is another possibility. We'll see.
Take care.

Hello Fred....the Newburyport show was wonderful and I'll post the setlist later, if someone hasn't beat me to the punch. I was thrilled this time around to have Vienna a mere hour's drive from my doorstep. But after the Infinty show, instead of feeling that I've had my fill of her music, it only motivated me to drive the 2 1/2 hours to Newburyport. Every show is different and entirely memorable. It was fun to see my friend and his wife enjoy the music on the seats to my left, while to my right sat two women(first-timers to VT's show) who harmonized beautifully to "Soon Love Soon" and couldn't say enough about the show. I love seeing people talking about the show, with that "Ohmygoshshewasamazing!" enthusiam. While there are a couple more NY shows soon, I will be off volunteeering/attending Falcon Ridge Folk Fest, which is an overload of some fabulous performers. I am now considering attending the Highline Ballroom show, since it's relatively close. I hope to see you and more forum members there in August.

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:19 am

Fred, we've enjoyed having you with us. I agree, her scrapbook post about Marillion's "You're Gone" is just staggering. I hope everyone on the forum takes a moment to read it.

As for me, it's been five years now. What a time it's been! :)

Return to “The Cafe”