Tweets

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Kalenabear
Warm Stranger

Postby Kalenabear » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:07 pm

EDIT: On Vienna's twitter: Impromptu L.A. show! Thurs 9/10 @ 8pm, Storytellers at the Old Saloon: 1436 2nd St, Santa Monica. Tell your friends!

Is anybody else going to the unofficial L.A. show in Santa Monica that Vienna posted about on her Twitter and Facebook? I'm kind of wary because I don't have an official address yet. (Or did she update her posts? I wouldn't know since I'm at work and can't access those two sites, hah!) Very awesome of Vienna to do this. Hope to see my fellow Angeleno-VT fans there! :)

Kwon2m
Cool Stranger

Postby Kwon2m » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:26 am

Vienna posted this on Twitter earlier, so I guess it's for real. I think it's one of the coolest things I've ever heard of an artist doing for the fans. Too bad I'm 3000 miles away.

>Impromptu L.A. show! Thurs 9/10 @ 8pm, Storytellers at the Old Saloon: 1436 2nd St, Santa Monica. Tell your friends!

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:20 pm

Of whales and men : so where is the whale rider ?

"Whale Rider" - Niki Karo - 2002 :
This movie is based on the 1987 novel The Whale Rider by New Zealand Māori author Witi Ihimaera.

We can learn— and if the knowledge is given to everyone— then we can have lots of leaders, and soon everyone will be strong— not just the ones that have been chosen— because sometimes even if you're the leader and you need to be strong— you can get tired…

Source : http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Whale_Rider
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:28 am

This doesn't really have to do with Vienna's tweets. But. It's Vienna. and twitter. and this is the only appropriate i could find to put it in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6FIpewVcEc

Whatever's going on there, i think i like it. Also, NSFBSK, because Vienna says a swear. Well, she's quoting someone. but it still makes me smile to think Vienna swore.

On second thought, she may not be quoting twitter. But now we have a mystery to solve.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:02 pm

They are for sure in a relax mode before going on stage and maybe making fun of some spams at the same time.
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:22 pm

After observing the video I thought is a musicians life any different from anyone else's? We all have those mundane moments where we all attempt to amuse ourselves by doing little oddities to keep ourselves entertained. Sort of like drinking a diet coke and posting a message here on the forum at the same time..........I can also chew gum occasionally........

In restrospect I guess I could paraphrase Ceasar and say, "Vienna came, she saw, she twittered"
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:55 pm

Image[/img][/code]

Yes.

Ignore the n00b tab about how to take a screenshot.

I think this deserves congratulations. And cake.

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Postby aaparallel » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:41 pm

roofboy179 wrote:I think this deserves congratulations. And cake.

Congrats to Vienna for not being vegetarian and low in blood sugar for at least a day!

And to think that both Vienna and Alex are where I can call and say hello again. :D I'm thankful for the music and the community on this forum!
"Drowning my pain in lemonade. . . Singing along to 'feelin' alright'"

Kwon2m
Cool Stranger

Postby Kwon2m » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:51 pm

Gotta love Vienna's clever sense of humor.

>Striking up conversation w/gorgeous blonde seatmate b/c she's reading Bertrand Russell & Jeffrey Sachs: judging a cover girl by her books.

tomcos
Cool Stranger

DC Tweets

Postby tomcos » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:23 am

Check out this Twitter awesomeness for the folks at the DC show, tweeting in the pews just before the performance:

TC

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:37 am

I like the tweet she posted just a while ago where she talks about playing the game of RISK for five hours and realizing the futility of a ground war in Asia and also trusting one's little sister....... Hilarious!
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

shawn
Hot Stranger

Postby shawn » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Her tweet said "1st game of RISK..." Did she mean that was the first time she's ever played the game? Hard to imagine she's never encountered it before. Then again, maybe times change. I think the first time I ever played it would have been before she was born...

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:23 pm

I was impressed by Vienna's recent tweet in which she said over $4K was raised for her causes during the recording session shows. The East Coast cause was great, for sure. Third Street Settlement music school provides excellent musical training to both rising young stars from around NYC and also ordinary neighborhood kids without special talent who just want to make music. The son of a friend of mine was a student there at the same time Marika was (dates me, I know), before Juilliard and a successful career as a chamber musician. His dad got us to go to his 3rd Street recitals; the people there were really impressive.

Return to “The Cafe”