Elvis, John Lennon, Michael Jackson....

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

cmooreNC
Tengster

Elvis, John Lennon, Michael Jackson....

Postby cmooreNC » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:09 pm

His death definitely ranks with the other two, no matter what one thinks of him personally.

Rest in peace, Michael. May the demons that tormented you here on earth in this life not follow you into the next...
Chris

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Re: Elvis, John Lennon, Michael Jackson....

Postby Walking Stranger » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:49 am

cmooreNC wrote:Rest in peace, Michael. May the demons that tormented you here on earth in this life not follow you into the next...

Same feeling here. My best friend was one of his fans and yesterday we danced a little bit with her over-used cd of his music "History", in his honor.
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:45 pm

I was never a fan of MJ's music (nor of Elvis', for that matter), but the worldwide reaction to his death speaks eloquently about the power of music to unite and inspire. For that, I'm grateful to him.

Aschefeder
Cool Stranger

Postby Aschefeder » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:01 am

Since many people apparently admired him and his music, it's probably a great loss in the music business and of course for his relatives, but I do always keep distance to events like this. There are so many other people dieing just right now in the world which don't even get the slightest attention. And of course some people will now start trying to make more money than they ever did with Michael Jackson since he is now a dead legend, just like it happened with Elvis and others. That's why I always have the feeling of some kind of bitter aftertaste when well known people die. The news on the TV and also on the internet are still pretty dominated by his death. In my opinion this should find an end now, personally I'm not that much interested in his death nor did I ever really care about his music.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:50 am

Aschefeder wrote:That's why I always have the feeling of some kind of bitter aftertaste when well known people die. The news on the TV and also on the internet are still pretty dominated by his death. In my opinion this should find an end now, personally I'm not that much interested in his death nor did I ever really care about his music.

I do agree with you Aschefeder and I do agree with this David Suzuki's speech at 7:35 of this video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydNkuo7CEjM

Anyway, I prefer to support living people, like singers who are famous or not, meet them in flesh and bones during live shows instead of waiting them die in anonymity or in fame before buying cds or other marketing products ...
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

sheeba
Hot Stranger

Postby sheeba » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:35 pm

I have to say I'm pretty distraught over Michael Jackson's death. He brought so much joy and happiness to the world, and was brought down by greedy opportunists and a sensationalist media who doesn't care about the truth. In my opinion, Michael was the greatest entertainer who ever lived. I can't imagine anyone ever coming close. A huge loss to the world.
Last edited by sheeba on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

sheeba
Hot Stranger

Postby sheeba » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:40 am

I would definitely recommend seeing "This Is It" on the big screen... preferably IMAX. No one put on a show like Michael and this is a rare glimpse at a master's creative process. Even though this is rehearsal footage, it's brilliant and fascinating to watch. Despite being sued and taken advantage of more than anyone in the world, it's amazing to see how kind, gentle and humble he remained up until the very end.

Return to “The Cafe”