What Would Be Really Awesome?

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

MonsieurRosseau
Cool Stranger

What Would Be Really Awesome?

Postby MonsieurRosseau » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:12 am

I think it would be really awesome if Vienna and Co. released an album of all the old stuff that wasn't on any of the albums, like Signal Fire and Rainwalk Song and Gravity (Lake). Especially if it was a nostalgic mostly-just-piano album.

That would just make me really happy. :wink:

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:55 am

Not to mention covers and so forth. I've advertised this link before, but I'll do it again:

http://people.csail.mit.edu/calvinon/vt/

There's my "collection" of unreleased songs and covers. There are plenty more on archive.org of course, but I haven't been as good about collecting as I used to be. :P

Jonathan Sanders
Warm Stranger

Postby Jonathan Sanders » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:12 am

tanthalas wrote:Not to mention covers and so forth. I've advertised this link before, but I'll do it again:

http://people.csail.mit.edu/calvinon/vt/

There's my "collection" of unreleased songs and covers. There are plenty more on archive.org of course, but I haven't been as good about collecting as I used to be. :P

Thanks for this!

terraphim86
Warm Stranger

Postby terraphim86 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:13 pm

I would absolutely LOVE an high-quality version of "Boy at the Piano."

I too have a compiled collection of Vienna's unreleased stuff, with cover art. http://last-archangel.livejournal.com/624258.html

Aschefeder
Cool Stranger

Postby Aschefeder » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:13 pm

I agree, some of the songs I've heard would definitely sound better when recorded in a studio.

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:28 am

A few things I think would be awesome.

First, as mentioned elsewhere, a joint concert with Vienna and Melody Gardot.

Second, a joint concert with The Rescues and The Mud Angels.

And finally:

On another forum I frequent, there is a thread devoted to Movies You Would Like To See Made. I'd love to write the screenplay and produce a movie about Hazel Ying Lee, a fascinating woman who was years ahead of her time. Still is, for that matter.

My first choice to portray Hazel? Why, April Mao, of course. :wink:

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:32 am

My first choice to portray Hazel? Why, April Mao, of course.

I don't think we are related........wait, that's Mao, not Mo............. :wink:

On another topic I was listening to Seletta talk to a bunch of women at work about this book called Twilight and the movie it spawned etc. All of these women with ages ranging from early twenties to early sixties were all yammering on and on with how they would like to "make it" with this vampire named Edward. I got to thinking about how women are always being critical of men always pursuing their "fantasy women" which is not to be confused or compared to something realistic like women craving a "sensitive and caring vampire". So I made the huge mistake of trying to get my two cents worth in, and believe me, it was only about two cents, but I still made the effort and I told Seletta that I knew more about "Transformers" then Vampires, not that I really care about Transformers, but I did tell Seletta if she were a "Transformer" she would be called "Biatchumus Prime". Suddenly a painful punch to the face and I blacked out. When I awoke a Dale Carnegie book was duct taped to my forehead. Lesson learned............
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:42 pm

rahau wrote:A few things I think would be awesome.

First, as mentioned elsewhere, a joint concert with Vienna and Melody Gardot.

Second, a joint concert with The Rescues and The Mud Angels...

My needs are simple. I'd be perfectly happy to be teleported to the Midwest one evening long enough to see Vienna and Over the Rhine this fall.

Return to “The Cafe”