Synchronicity

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Shaii
Cool Stranger

Synchronicity

Postby Shaii » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 am

I spent last summer working at Bodega ridge, my friend's resort on the northern side of Galiano Island, a wonderful little island just off of the coast of Vancouver. That weekend, we had a wedding and I was in the kitchen, washing the wine glasses to be used for the evening's celebrations. As I noticed some of the wedding party carrying in their instruments and setting up in the room next to me, I grabbed my mp3-player and noticed a Vienna Teng song came on just before it turned off. Seconds later, and to my surprise, the band started playing a familiar tune and I suddenly - oh, epiphany - recognized 'Harbor'.
The fact that at the time I didn't know anyone else who knew her music - as I discovered her very randomly at a German concert where I just happened to be - and had no idea how well known she is- of course added to my amazement at this curious case of synchronicity.

This long introduction leading up to my question - synchronicity, Vienna-related or not, tell me your stories!

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:21 pm

The first or second time I listened to Warm Strangers, I was driving and this exploded into windshield view at the right time.

I have other examples, can't think of them at the moment.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:13 pm

Michele wrote:The first or second time I listened to Warm Strangers, I was driving and this exploded into windshield view at the right time.

I have other examples, can't think of them at the moment.

Were you coming to a bend at the end of the road? :wink:

The night before I heard "Unwritten Letter #1" I had a dream strikingly similar to the first verse and chorus, if that counts.

Shaii
Cool Stranger

Postby Shaii » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:08 pm

roofboy179 wrote:The night before I heard "Unwritten Letter #1" I had a dream strikingly similar to the first verse and chorus, if that counts.

Cool, wanna elaborate on the dream? Wouldn't call it synchronicity, but equally interesting...

Michele wrote:The first or second time I listened to Warm Strangers, I was driving and this exploded into windshield view at the right time.

Nice one! Almost-creepy. Was it a place you pass by often?

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:52 am

Shaii wrote:
roofboy179 wrote:The night before I heard "Unwritten Letter #1" I had a dream strikingly similar to the first verse and chorus, if that counts.

Cool, wanna elaborate on the dream? Wouldn't call it synchronicity, but equally interesting...

For some reason, I was driving (at night) through a town I didn't know with my friend (Who at the time I had a huge crush on, it's all very confusing.). It was all rainy and wet and whatnot, and there were glowing streetlights (Think Champs Elysees at night) and other stuff that is unrelated or i cant remember :] The point is that I woe up and was like "Wow, that was kinda like my dream."

xP[/b]

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:38 am

I think I posted this awhile back, but a year or two back I was ice skating while listening to DTTN on my ipod, and I started skating backwards when Recessional started playing. I didn't even realize it until the song was almost over.

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:01 am

Shaii wrote:

Nice one! Almost-creepy. Was it a place you pass by often?

Well, for those who may not know, Shasta is a soda/soft drink company in this instance, so hopefully not too creepy :lol: I do go by there pretty regularly, but I wasn't timing the drive to the music so that would happen. Just happy/dorky coincidence.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:42 am

Ha! That's great, Michele! :)
s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Return to “The Cafe”