Postby Fred » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:18 pm

Did you request it? I didn't.

I just send him a thank-you.

NJ Fan Chris
Warm Stranger

Postby NJ Fan Chris » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:46 pm

No request on my part -- I was watching the Mets :oops:
I always liked Corny anyway.

I actually tried calling this afternoon, but their office closes at 4. Will definitely thank them tomorrow.
"From Bottom Line to Highline"

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:20 am

He replied "My pleasure" within minutes. It occurs to me that I've probably been barking up the wrong tree, so to speak, requesting plays from Claudia Marshall. She's done it twice for me, and that's nice, but her show tilts much more toward up-tempo/r&b than Corny, or Dennis, or Darren. Most of my listening is in the morning before I leave the house and during my commute, and I play Claudia's music question of the day game regularly, so requesting from her comes naturally, but still, probably not the best idea. Anyway, assuming this is a spontaneous play, it doubles the overall count of those at WFUV, the other being a play, presumably spontaneous, of Pontchartrain (of all things!) on John Platt's Sunday morning show shortly after DTTN came out. Making slow progress.

NJ Fan Chris
Warm Stranger

Postby NJ Fan Chris » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:32 am

It's always a good idea to request during Claudia's show.

And John Platt has a bit of free-form in him. When he plays a set of three or four songs in a row, they're almost always connected in some way whether through subject matter, personnel, etc. I'm tempted to look up that playlist and see what the other songs were in that set -- connect the dots, so to speak.
"From Bottom Line to Highline"

Fred
Tengster

Vienna on WFUV

Postby Fred » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:56 pm

Got back to my office after teaching a class this morning & Darren DeVivo was announcing a "new music Monday" set he had just played, including White Light. I had sent him a request last week; maybe this was in response, or maybe it's a pattern, who knows? In any event, still making progress. (Wonder if IT is in regular rotation on WXPN, WUMB, WMVY, KFOG, etc.)

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Mon May 04, 2009 4:28 pm

Another New Music Monday play of White Light by Darren this morning. :D Not my request. Could be by others, but maybe just maybe V is actually penetrating their playlist, for once. 'bout time.

Return to “The Cafe”