IT on Radio Paradise

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

wolding
Warm Stranger

IT on Radio Paradise

Postby wolding » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:08 am

Within minutes of tuning into Radio Paradise tonight I heard a song which sounded like it must be Vienna. A glance at the real-time playlist proved they were playing Watershed from the new album. How cool is that?!

I received my pre-order on time but I haven't had a chance to listen to all of it yet. And Watershed was not one of those I heard leaked on the internet. So it was a very nice treat to hear it on the radio.
Bill

Fred
Tengster

Re: IT on Radio Paradise

Postby Fred » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:11 am

wolding wrote:Within minutes of tuning into Radio Paradise tonight I heard a song which sounded like it must be Vienna. A glance at the real-time playlist proved they were playing Watershed from the new album. How cool is that?!

I received my pre-order on time but I haven't had a chance to listen to all of it yet. And Watershed was not one of those I heard leaked on the internet. So it was a very nice treat to hear it on the radio.
Bill

The guy who is primarily responsible for RP seems to be a fan. She gets a lot of play there.

Digital
Hot Stranger

Postby Digital » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:32 am

I feel dumb, but can someone explain Radio Paradise to me? I get the sense it's a syndicated radio show.

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:50 am

Digital wrote:I feel dumb, but can someone explain Radio Paradise to me? I get the sense it's a syndicated radio show.

It's an internet radio station (http://www.radioparadise.com/) run by a guy (and his wife [?] I think) who used to be a DJ in "real" terrestrial radio, out on the West Coast. The music is very alt-granola in texture, in a way that we New Yorkers think that only a Californian could accomplish. ;) Vienna gets good play. You can explore their playlists online. They also have a forum for listeners that can be pretty amusing--the users mostly express their opinions of the music being played. There is one frequent poster who doesn't like Vienna's music, and he/she refers to her as The Whisperer.

Return to “The Cafe”