Dedicated to J

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

connor35
Cool Stranger
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:05 pm

Dedicated to J

Postby connor35 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:43 pm

In the liner notes fit IT, Vienna writes "Dedicated to J, who knows why, hopefully."

Anyone know who this is?

terraphim86
Warm Stranger
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:42 pm

Postby terraphim86 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:12 pm

I always feel like those notes are none of my business. :D

Michele
Strange
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:11 am
Location: Exit 47

Postby Michele » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:24 pm

terraphim86 wrote:I always feel like those notes are none of my business. :D


The previous answer to "Who is Eric in Eric's Song?" on this forum was always "please respect Vienna's privacy." Same for this instance. Sorry...besides, wild conspiracy theories will be more fun!

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Contact:

Postby roofboy179 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:18 pm

Michele wrote:wild conspiracy theories will be more fun!


A superhero :o

tanthalas
Tengster
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:13 pm
Location: Somewhere between Boston and San Francisco

Postby tanthalas » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:39 am

Last edited by tanthalas on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Digital
Hot Stranger
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:45 pm
Location: Reston, VA

Postby Digital » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:04 pm

I know we said we'd respect Vienna's privacy, but this is in the liner notes, after all.

It's Jay-Z: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay-Z

Before Alex stepped up, Jay-Z was helping Vienna produce her new album. Needless to say, it was a very different vision, and they were having trouble bringing the string arrangements together with the fly beats. Besides, Jay-Z was spending most of his time with Beyonce, which kept delaying the completion of the tracks. After the lawsuit from Yo-Yo Ma over the unapproved sampling (which was hushed up), Rounder pulled the plug on the deal.

I was really looking forward to hearing the duet with Fifty Cent!

mangoted
Cool Stranger
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:41 pm
Location: NJ
Contact:

Postby mangoted » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:35 pm

J = Jelly beans...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_frusciante
Or for John Frusciante.. I can hear staccato and then spacey guitar parts..

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Contact:

Postby roofboy179 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:57 pm

Digital wrote:I know we said we'd respect Vienna's privacy, but this is in the liner notes, after all.

It's Jay-Z: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay-Z

Before Alex stepped up, Jay-Z was helping Vienna produce her new album. Needless to say, it was a very different vision, and they were having trouble bringing the string arrangements together with the fly beats. Besides, Jay-Z was spending most of his time with Beyonce, which kept delaying the completion of the tracks. After the lawsuit from Yo-Yo Ma over the unapproved sampling (which was hushed up), Rounder pulled the plug on the deal.

I was really looking forward to hearing the duet with Fifty Cent!


Vienna rapping.. that would be awesome.

Hey, hey love, is that the name, the name you're meant to have? Yo.

Reileen
Total Teng-Head
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:47 am
Location: Grand Chokmah
Contact:

Postby Reileen » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:10 pm

roofboy179 wrote:Vienna rapping.. that would be awesome.

Hey, hey love, is that the name, the name you're meant to have? Yo.

I lol'd - and then felt bad 'cause I really wanted to hear a rap version of "Gravity", even though it would totally be wrong. It's like when Vienna mentioned that someone wanted to do a techno version of "Daughter", and I was sitting there thinking to myself, "Wow, that's so incredibly wrong - but yet I can see (hear?) how it might work!"
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."


Reileen van Kaile
http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Contact:

Postby roofboy179 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:13 pm

Reileen wrote:
roofboy179 wrote:Vienna rapping.. that would be awesome.

Hey, hey love, is that the name, the name you're meant to have? Yo.

I lol'd - and then felt bad 'cause I really wanted to hear a rap version of "Gravity", even though it would totally be wrong. It's like when Vienna mentioned that someone wanted to do a techno version of "Daughter", and I was sitting there thinking to myself, "Wow, that's so incredibly wrong - but yet I can see (hear?) how it might work!"


Unst unst unst unst...

Reileen
Total Teng-Head
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:47 am
Location: Grand Chokmah
Contact:

Postby Reileen » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:14 pm

Also, J clearly refers to the Roman god, Jupiter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupiter_(mythology). There's a lot more of us recon pagans out there than you would think!

(Disclaimer: I'm Hellenic Pagan, myself. Worshipping Jupiter would probably fall under the umbrella of Religio Romana, but even that would depend on the specific pagan in question, what with all the eclecticism flying around and whatnot. {/TL;DR about neo-pagan movements}.)
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."




Reileen van Kaile

http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Contact:

Postby roofboy179 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:17 pm

I wonder how many people who have met Vienna, with names starting with "J" are wondering if its them?

tanthalas
Tengster
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:13 pm
Location: Somewhere between Boston and San Francisco

Postby tanthalas » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:25 pm

If you have to wonder if it's you, it probably isn't.

mangoted
Cool Stranger
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:41 pm
Location: NJ
Contact:

Postby mangoted » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:26 pm

How about Jack Shepperd from Lost?

tanthalas
Tengster
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:13 pm
Location: Somewhere between Boston and San Francisco

Postby tanthalas » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:35 pm

More like Jack Bauer from 24.


Return to “The Cafe”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests