Now 0!!! days and counting....(YAY! THE DAY HAS ARRIVED!!!)

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:17 pm

connor35 wrote:My CD did not arrive today either!

Has anyone who ordered from the website received theirs?

Did others receive any sort of shipping update?

*Pre-orders for Inland Territory will begin shipping on or near the official release date of Tuesday, April 7th.

That's what Vienna's website says =\

jkim
Cool Stranger

Amazon

Postby jkim » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:27 pm

Album delivered today from Amazon.

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:10 am

As for the "postman tease" - I had a similar experience today. Arrived home this evening and, as I drove up the driveway, spotted a package sitting on my front door step. "At last!" I thought to myself.

Which turned to "alas", unfortunately, as the package was only printer cartridges I'd ordered from Dell.

No Vienna Teng CD. :cry:

Even stopped at our local Barnes & Nobles on the way home. They don't even sell music anymore, as they've removed their entire CD area. The woman at the register informed us that too much product was "walking out the door without being paid for, so store management removed the whole music department and replaced it with more books."

Still no word on shipment of my order, either. This is beginning to hurt!

Are they at least selling copies at the live shows? Anyone picking them up that way?

If so, I can at least count on buying a copy when I catch the show here in Charlotte on May 10th. ~sigh~
Chris

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:35 am

cmooreNC wrote:
Even stopped at our local Barnes & Nobles on the way home. They don't even sell music anymore, as they've removed their entire CD area. The woman at the register informed us that too much product was "walking out the door without being paid for, so store management removed the whole music department and replaced it with more books."

Are they at least selling copies at the live shows? Anyone picking them up that way?

If so, I can at least count on buying a copy when I catch the show here in Charlotte on May 10th. ~sigh~

Hmph. You'd think you could steal books just as easily.

99.9% chance that they'll have copies at the show, the .1% being that they sold out. It is the CD Release Tour, after all.[/quote]

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:17 am

I ordered from amazon.com on the 6th, to get the free bonus track...which I didn't download right away so I lost it. Bah. Bought the single track and got the CD today.

I don't like the CD holder part of the case! :twisted: I worry that the CD will get scratched when I tuck it under the flap because you have to wedge it in. I do like the rest of the case though, it has an efficient look to it. The back track listing adds (featuring Alex Wong) to Antebellum, which isn't on the German copy. The disc graphic is different and the lyrics layout is spaced differently.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:06 am

Michele wrote:I don't like the CD holder part of the case! :twisted: I worry that the CD will get scratched when I tuck it under the flap because you have to wedge it in. I do like the rest of the case though, it has an efficient look to it. The back track listing adds (featuring Alex Wong) to Antebellum, which isn't on the German copy. The disc graphic is different and the lyrics layout is spaced differently.

I looked at my copy and decided it was too beautiful to play. Then I downloaded a copy off of iTunes.

Mmm acoustic Antebellum.

huyana
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby huyana » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:51 am

roofboy179 wrote:
cmooreNC wrote:

Hmph. You'd think you could steal books just as easily.

99.9% chance that they'll have copies at the show, the .1% being that they sold out. It is the CD Release Tour, after all.
[/quote]

To be fair (I work in a bookstore), we catch book thieves more frequently. In the music department they unwrap the cds and take the disk or dvd out of the case. One time it was like... $900 lost in CD's, DVD's, and Blu-ray discs.

Also, I live in Canada. Knowing Canada post...I'll get this in May. *dies*

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:59 pm

cmooreNC wrote:

I'm intending to pick one up at Le Poisson Rouge tomorrow. If they don't have CDs at a CD release tour during release week, there is a lack of planning. I'll let you know.

shawn
Hot Stranger

Postby shawn » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:16 pm

They had CDs for sale at the Somerville Theatre. The only reason why I didn't pick one up there is because I had already ordered two from Rounder (still waiting, maybe today I hope), and my budget for buying CDs at the moment is sadly limited...

davechen
Cool Stranger

Postby davechen » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:48 pm

Gah!

The waiting is killing me! I pre-ordered it on ViennaTeng.com (choicemerchandise.com), and it still hasn't shown up. You'd think they could mail it out a couple days early so we'd get it around April 7th. According to my order status, it was shipped March 7th, but no sign.

On iTunes, Inland Terrritory is ranked #23 in the Pop section, so that's pretty cool. And on Amazon it's on the Bestsellers list at #96.

connor35
Cool Stranger

Postby connor35 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:25 pm

Mailman just went south on my street.

He'll stop at my house heading north in about 10 minutes.

I sure hope it's finally here today!

connor35
Cool Stranger

Postby connor35 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:42 pm

It's here!

Hopefully everyone else who ordered from VT.com will get theirs today too.

I live in Florida and it looks like it shipped from NC.

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:30 pm

connor35 wrote:It's here!

Did you get a signed postcard?

connor35
Cool Stranger

Postby connor35 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:48 pm

Michele wrote:Did you get a signed postcard?

I did.

Image[/img]

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:20 pm

connor35 wrote:
Michele wrote:Did you get a signed postcard?

I did.

[took out the image for space sake]

How many of those do you think she signed? That's gotta put a hurtin' on your hand.

Return to “The Cafe”